Respected Contributor

Re: How Much Do You Use Your Food Processer??

@ECBG   just about NEVER.   I've had it for many years and probably have used it 2x in the last 10.  I use my Vitamix all the time for chopping,  making amazing breadcrumbs in a nanoseconed, and lots of other things.  I am so happy with my Vitamix. 

Respected Contributor

@ECBG   My small Hamilton Beach food processor is used

several times a year. I bought it in 1985 when I started making

Middle Eastern and Mediterranean dishes.

It is what is needed when making  Hummus, Basil Pesto,

finely chopping walnuts for Baklava and parsley for Taboule Salad. I also use it when making Pasta e ******ioli Soup. This weekend I will use to finely chop onions for Kibbeh.

Any other chopping or slicing of vegetables or fruits, I do

by hand. I have never put the food processor in the dishwasher.

It is easy to wash.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

What brand of food processer do you have please and how much do you use it?

I am tired of chopping vegetables and make a lot of stews  pot roasts, and soups with vegetables.

I would only make one or two salad dressing type items.

Storage is not an issue.  I built this house with a large walk in pantry.

Many thanks.Smiley Happy

@ECBG, I use them a lot. It is worth going through the learning curve to see how much they will perform. I have gone through about 6 that had sad endings (smoking , noise, when I was overworking them.LOL. There is only one that left the others in the dust and it is a long discontinued Cuisinart 11 cup. It is still going strong today. Sadly I do not chop vegetables for stews and roasts in the processor. I like a uniform appearance and size in those applications.

There are some choppers that have uniform size blades to give you uniform pieces. The ones I have seen require plenty of strength to use manually. There was an electric one offered here that seemed the perfect answer but the reviews were bad so I did not try it. I keep hoping though. There are a few offered on the q website with different size blades for dicing, slicing etc.

Respected Contributor

I have a KA with the dicer attachment and I use it all the time. I love the slicer that I can adjust. We eat lots of salads and soups with lots of fresh veggies. Easy to clean and put together.
Honored Contributor

I don't use it much ---but I do, when I need to make pie crusts---would not use anything else---not a fan of the pre made stuff--have always had excellent luck making my own in my food processor

Valued Contributor

I have 3 sizes of food processors all kitchen aide , l use the biggest one for making scallop potatoes , just run big raw potatoes through , so fast and all perfect size , l also add celery and onions to the potatoes to mix in . I love it for slicing cucumbers as well . Not hard to clean , rinse off right after use , or put in the dish washer . I store mine in the attached garage , l have a big cabinet there l store all large not frequently used appliances and big pans and kettles . It's convenient right off the kitchen drawer and beats going to the basement for that stuff . 

Esteemed Contributor

I have a refurbished Kitchenaid that I purchased at a Kitchen store in my local mall (that has since gone out of business).  I only use it once or twice a year as it's difficult to clean and the blades scare me more than using my chef's knife.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Valued Contributor

I have a beautiful Kitchen Aid food processor I almost never use. Instead I frequently use this: 

Kuhn Rikon 2-Cup Pull & Chop Food Chopper

I use this frequently and highly recommend it. I've often given this chopper as gifts. Recipients love it as well.

Valued Contributor

Love my Cruisart. 

Respected Contributor

We have a 14 cup kitchen aid food processer. We use I occasionally.  Never for chopping veggies. Mainly  for making dessert things.