Trusted Contributor

Re: How Do You Like To Cook Fresh Spinach?

I steam fresh spinach, then just add a tiny bit of butter. 

I also use raw spinach on sandwiches in lieu of lettuce.  And I love spinach in salads.

Respected Contributor

I cook Italian sausage then thin sliced onions, peppers, garlic and spinach. It all goes into a grinder roll. Delicious!
Honored Contributor

"How do you like to cook fresh spinach "?

not at all.........

Honored Contributor

I don't cook it.  I will eat it fresh in salads.  I'll also eat it as a filling w/cheese in ravioli or something like that, but I don't actually make that.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saute it with olive oil and garlic. I also like it as an add in when I am finishing cooking my Rancho Gordo beans. My mother usually made spinach and eggs which I enjoyed as a kid.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBGI like to steam fresh spinich, then add a  drizzle of butter and a pinch of slt.

Honored Contributor

In spite of my farm grandma's efforts, she was not successful in getting me to eat/like  spinach and rhubarb.  

Esteemed Contributor

I like it raw and added to salads but not a fan of cooked spinach.  I have purchased frozen spinach before and have put it in my mini egg fritatas but haven't even done that in several years.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown