Honored Contributor

Re: How Cooked Do You Do Fresh Green Beans?

The very best way to cook beans, is in the pressure cooker---OMG---they are so tender and green--2 minutes and they are done. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Absolutely pole beans.  Kentucky Wonders are the ultimate. 

Water, ham and beans, cooked until they are no longer bright green and are not crisp.  Cook liquid down as the beans cook, serve in a pasta bowl with some very good fresh hot cornbread and butter.

If possible, have peach cobbler for your fruit serving afterward.  

@Sooner 

Thank you!  You just reminded me I have 2 ham bones from brown sugar spiral sliced hams in the freezer.  I'll glady share if you'd like one.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   How about you put one in a pot of those great big dried white lima beans or green beans THEN call me?  Woman Very Happy

I love those great big dried lima beans when the juice gets thick and the skins fall off some of the beans and there's ham and hot cornbread. . . and TEA.  OH my!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@ECBG   How about you put one in a pot of those great big dried white lima beans or green beans THEN call me?  Woman Very Happy

I love those great big dried lima beans when the juice gets thick and the skins fall off some of the beans and there's ham and hot cornbread. . . and TEA.  OH my!  

@Sooner On Weight Watchers in the Among Friends forums.  No dried beans of any type right now.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner On Weight Watchers in the Among Friends forums.  No dried beans of any type right now.Smiley Happy

@ECBG Woman MadWoman SadWoman Frustrated

Hillbillys don't know what to say about that!  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner Actually, I am a hillbilly!  Residents of NC are called "Tar Heels"!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner Actually, I am a hillbilly!  Residents of NC are called "Tar Heels"!!!Smiley Happy

@ECBG I know about Tar Heels!  Have had dear friends for 40 years from the sky blue land!  LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@ECBG I know about Tar Heels!  Have had dear friends for 40 years from the sky blue land!  LOL!!!

Smiling Dog Is New York's Happiest Hound - YouTube

Respected Contributor

@Sooner 

I agree about Kentucky Wonder green beans but I haven't seen them in 20 years anywhere that I've lived.  They have or at least used to have the best flavor.  

Respected Contributor

Cook in hot water, less than 10 minutes.  Like a little crunch.  Salt, pepper and sometimes a little butter.