Honored Contributor

Re: How Adventurous Were Your Kids At Eating?

[ Edited ]

I only made one dinner and my children were free to eat that or not.  I never made "special" dinners for the picky eater.  We lived in California so they were exposed to ethnic foods and a lot of variety.  They were both good eaters although I will admit my daughter used to make a little pile of the mushrooms she picked out of her food.

Honored Contributor

To this day my daughter will not eat vegetables except for salad.  She makes chili with tomato juice so there won't be any chunks.  This is because I made her try two tiny bites of new foods and the experience scarred her for life.  As for me, I was one of those liver and spinach eaters.  The only thing I wouldn't eat was egg whites and I still won't.

Honored Contributor

My son is 33. I don't know who he gets it from BUT he is still a picky eater. He will not eat tomatoes, green, yellow or red peppers, onions, eggplant, mustard, spinach souffle, you get the idea.

Honored Contributor

I always cooked every meal, until they were after 15, 16, and we'd have pizza on Fridays.

I did a lot of stews with vegetables, homemade meatloaf (which I cooked in patties to cut down on time), roasts, pork chops, and every veggie under the sun including fresh green beans, and a lot of salads.

The only thing they didn't eat was stewed okra, but a lot of adults won't eat that.  Brussels sprouts became a fixture at our table when I began roasting them!

Esteemed Contributor

My son was a great eater; even ate (and relished) escargot and chicken feet (not together) before he was 10.  Grands, on the other hand are extremely picky (get that from their picky Mom).

Honored Contributor

My daughter was when she was young.

Not nearly as bad anymore but when you work in the restaurant industry you can't be.

She eats a few things now that I never served at home because I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.