Trusted Contributor

Another vote for ball park angus hot dog bun length. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Oscar Meyer and some of the natural foods ones without preservatives.  I prefer a very lean hot dog--lean for a hot dog.  I can't stand greasy ones. 

I'll take mine plain with a little sweet pickle relish and a tiny bit of mustard or with chili, no beans please!  

@Sooner Add slaw with the chili, and I'll get our drinks if you'll hold my plate!Smiley Happy

@ECBG Well you are going to have to be WAY more specific that that!  Do you want creamy slaw, 7-day slaw, hot dressing slaw, Asian slaw, slaw with carrots and onions or cabbage only, slaw with veganaise or mayo, or what?  Carrots in it?  Red cabbage?  Slaw just ain't slaw.

The best slaw I ever had was a sweet, creamy, not too wet slaw with thinly sliced hand cut green cabbage.  The dressing was basically creamy and sweet but a little tart, and it was served ice cold.  No flavoring but dressing and cabbage and crispy crispy.  It was with fresh, hot and spicy dry rubbed ribs.

Take a bite of those ribs then a bite of that crisp ice cold perfect slaw, then eat more ribs.  It was heaven on earth! 

@Sooner Creamy slaw, please.  When shall I come?Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG Tomorrow about 12:30.  And that gives me time to make homemade BRIOCHE hot dog buns.  You are going to be happy.  Is it ok to have cold pears poached in red wine and a small dark chocolate mousse for dessert?  Martha Stewart has a great mousse recipe.   It's a real one baked then chilled--not just chocolate and whipped cream (although we do usually do a side of whipped cream for those who want it). 

You know, to elevate the hot dogs a little.  We have a variety of chips. . . Regular and green iced teas with lemongrass, we like to mix them!

Y'all come!  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@ECBG Tomorrow about 12:30.  And that gives me time to make homemade BRIOCHE hot dog buns.  You are going to be happy.  Is it ok to have cold pears poached in red wine and a small dark chocolate mousse for dessert?  Martha Stewart has a great mousse recipe.   It's a real one baked then chilled--not just chocolate and whipped cream (although we do usually do a side of whipped cream for those who want it). 

You know, to elevate the hot dogs a little.  We have a variety of chips. . . Regular and green iced teas with lemongrass, we like to mix them!

Y'all come!  

@Sooner Thank you for your lovely invitation.  May I add in a blueberry pie or a platter of fresh fruit, my Dear?Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG My husband is wild for blueberry pie!  Oh yes!  You will be new bff!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

IMO, QVC's food is too expensive for what you get.  They always say free S & H but I am sure the price is higher so they recoup their money.  

Trusted Contributor

I loved Sabretts. 

Many years ago there was a Sabrett Hot Dog Wholesale store on Route 37 in Toms River NJ (on the way to Seaside Heights). The store was a full service deli and sold the Sabretts hot dogs fresh in links that were attached. (remember the old cartoons with the dog that would steal a long string of hot dogs? just like that) We would pick up hot dogs and fresh rolls, sauerkraut, slaw, and their homemade onion sauce to cook at our shore house. Their food was so good. 

Every once in awhile I will buy the store packaged Sabretts when I get a craving for a hot dog, but it is not the same.