Respected Contributor

My favorites are Oscar Mayer or Hebrew National, with pickles, ketchup and onions.

Kraut is good too!  Now I'm hungry for them! 🌭

Tried Nathan's but they were a tad too spicey and greasy for my taste. 

Respected Contributor

@fancy pantsy wrote:

i am not too big on hot dogs, except ... 

on a holiday like the 4th of july, i really miss living up north where i  could run to wegman's and pick up some zweigles hots!  

@LilLadyNJ  and @denisemb  ... this year i happened to find some hoffman's hot dogs at publix.  i savored every bite!  i think maybe they only had them just for the holiday, but i sure will look again next year.   

For the heck of it, I checked Publix through my Instacart and they DO show Hofmanns!  Yippee!

Denise
Respected Contributor

@EatWell:  We love Sabrett.  The ones still served (at least before the pandemic) from the hot dog carts on the streets of NYC.  Would like to get Feltman's, but they're not available in our local stores and on-line orders are too large a quantity for us.

Trusted Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

@EatWell:  We love Sabrett.  The ones still served (at least before the pandemic) from the hot dog carts on the streets of NYC.  Would like to get Feltman's, but they're not available in our local stores and on-line orders are too large a quantity for us.  Did not have Sabrett hot dogs.

@Cats3000 

I broke down and ordered a couple packages of both Feldman's and Nathan's Coney Island style hot dogs from local grocery stores.  Could not get Sabrett hot dogs.  Maybe I will order them next time. 

I live alone and do not go to grocery stores due to an anxiety disorder.  So the hot dogs will be delivered door to door next week.   Contactless delivery. 

I am so hungry to have a couple of hot dogs with trimmings for lunch with Sabrett Red Onion Sauce!

"Staying safe by staying home"

~Put food in front of me, and I will eat it.~

Respected Contributor

we ;ike nathens bun size but right now we just finished ball parks beef hot dogs. i havent bought them in a few years but omaha steak store has really good stick hot dogs but there like 20 bucks a box.

Trusted Contributor

I like beef hotdogs, too.

I actually like the Ball Park Beef Franks. Those are made by Sara Lee.

We have some brands here in Wisconsin that I really like.

One is called Klements, and the other is Usingers. Both brands make really good sausages and franks. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Oscar Meyer and some of the natural foods ones without preservatives.  I prefer a very lean hot dog--lean for a hot dog.  I can't stand greasy ones. 

I'll take mine plain with a little sweet pickle relish and a tiny bit of mustard or with chili, no beans please!  

@Sooner Add slaw with the chili, and I'll get our drinks if you'll hold my plate!Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@EatWell  I love hot dogs

Honored Contributor

Like em too.  Nathans or Hebrew National.  I also like Hebrew National Knackwurst and the little hot dogs. .... Hebrew National beef franks on a bun (pastry shells)  Love those little hot dogs, but sometimes hard to get.  Wegmans used to sell them.  Haven't seen the in a long time.......

Someobdy slaw slaw dogs!  Love them on Hebrew National.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Oscar Meyer and some of the natural foods ones without preservatives.  I prefer a very lean hot dog--lean for a hot dog.  I can't stand greasy ones. 

I'll take mine plain with a little sweet pickle relish and a tiny bit of mustard or with chili, no beans please!  

@Sooner Add slaw with the chili, and I'll get our drinks if you'll hold my plate!Smiley Happy

@ECBG Well you are going to have to be WAY more specific that that!  Do you want creamy slaw, 7-day slaw, hot dressing slaw, Asian slaw, slaw with carrots and onions or cabbage only, slaw with veganaise or mayo, or what?  Carrots in it?  Red cabbage?  Slaw just ain't slaw.

The best slaw I ever had was a sweet, creamy, not too wet slaw with thinly sliced hand cut green cabbage.  The dressing was basically creamy and sweet but a little tart, and it was served ice cold.  No flavoring but dressing and cabbage and crispy crispy.  It was with fresh, hot and spicy dry rubbed ribs.

Take a bite of those ribs then a bite of that crisp ice cold perfect slaw, then eat more ribs.  It was heaven on earth!