Super Contributor
Sorry if this has been brought up already. I don't recall the hosts spitting seeds when they sold these. Fortunately I only so far came across one dried up one. No honey bells again.
Honored Contributor

Re: Honeybells full of seeds

I bought a double amount. A lot of mine had seeds. There were so many seeds I didn't even remember them saying they weren't supposed to have seeds until yesterday when cutie Sharon said, "They don't have seeds".

Super Contributor

So did I get a double order. False selling tactics at its finest.
Trusted Contributor

I think that you can get your money back if you are unsatisfied with a food product. Why don't you call CS and try?

Not applicable

Mine were delicious, juicey and NO seeds. Glad I auto deliveried for next year. Sorry yours were not so good.

Honored Contributor

I didn't say they weren't good, I did say they had a lot of seeds in them. Like I said, I thought the seeds were just part of the oranges, until I heard Sharon say several times "and these don't have any seeds".

I can see how some seeds get through but I don't think there was one orange (unless they weren't in some that I gave away) that didn't have several seeds in them. I don't care, I just wish they didn't make a big deal about "NO SEEDS" if there are seeds in quite a large number of them.

There is no such thing as 'truth in advertising' anymore. People say anything they want and it is just accepted. I know it's just stupid seeds, but I think Didi understands what I'm saying.

Maybe it's because I'm old and I just remember how things used to be at one time.

Super Contributor

Well said Annabellethecat Smiley Wink
Contributor

Most of mine had seeds too, and I got them straight from Cushmans. On the presentation I watched on QVC, he said sometimes bees sneak in and cause seeds. I guess they had a lot of bees this year

Esteemed Contributor

They won't ship to my state. I bought 9 minneola tangelos Saturday & I need to go get more tomorrow. So sweet & juicy and no seeds.

Honored Contributor

I bought these one year direct from Cushman's and they said on the website that they were "seedless" (sometimes had an "occasional" seed). So I was not happy to find that quite a few of mine had so many seeds they were a pain to even bother eating. The ones without seeds were very nice, but not nice enough for me to pay these kinds of prices again.