Honored Contributor

@sabatini wrote:

Easily remove apple cores with a melon baller; cut apple in half - top to bottom, & scoop out the core on each side.

Also, when making stuffed peppers, use the melon baller to remove the inner membranes.

I do this with the apples on a regular basis, exactly as you stated.  I managed to find, years ago, a nice 18/10 stainless steel, double-ended, scoop.   One end is particular small and perfect for apples, and the other end is just a bit larger.

Respected Contributor

If you need a deep dish pie crust in a hurry, stack two Pillsbury Pie Crusts together, dust with flour and roll out to desired size.

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain ..........Use a potato peeler its much faster and just strips the stringy thing.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I don't eat a lot of celery but I had no idea that you can take a sharp knife to one end of a piece of celery and remove those long fibrous strands that are hard to chew and get caught in your teeth.  Over the past year, I started watching three southern women who now have a cooking channel on facebook and all three of them have shown how to remove those tough strands.  HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS??????   LOL!

@shoptilyadropagain 

What's the name of the cooking channel on FB?  Would like to watch.  Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

@deb5555 :  I use that and love it!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't eat a lot of celery but I had no idea that you can take a sharp knife to one end of a piece of celery and remove those long fibrous strands that are hard to chew and get caught in your teeth.  Over the past year, I started watching three southern women who now have a cooking channel on facebook and all three of them have shown how to remove those tough strands.  HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS??????   LOL!

i use a vegetable peeler...so easy!

Esteemed Contributor

@deb5555 wrote:

Betty Crocker Hamburger Helper Meat Chopper - Walmart.com

This is great.

don't know what i did without this tool!  my kids even asked for one....i like my hamburg chopped into very small pieces....works like a charm!

Esteemed Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

@shoptilyadropagain 

@Sunshine Kate The three I watch are Cooking with Brenda Gantt, Mama Sue's Southern Kitchen and Amy's Louisiana Kitchen.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

@shoptilyadropagain 

@Sunshine Kate The three I watch are Cooking with Brenda Gantt, Mama Sue's Southern Kitchen and Amy's Louisiana Kitchen.

@shoptilyadropagain Thank you!

Frequent Contributor

👍🏻 I've also used a vegetable peeler if the strands are really tough.