Esteemed Contributor

Got to be honest I never had party at my home. I am having a wine tasting party and need any advice and help with appetizer suggestions. I am so nervous.  Thank you in advance for any reply. 

Honored Contributor

I don't have any ideas but I want you to know that I think you are brave.Pinterest is always a good place for fabulous ideas.I hope you party is fun and enjoyable for you too.

Honored Contributor

Re: Help with Wine Party

[ Edited ]

I went to one last week.  The hostess appetizers were goat & blue cheese, caviar, crackers.  She also had these small cream cheese sandwiches (tea sandwhich?).  The cream cheese was in all these different colors.

EDIT:  I forgot to add red & green grapes.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

buy a number of different cheeses......mild to strong, soft to hard.....crackers, olives, raisins, cornichons, honey and/or raspberry preserves.

charcuterie......salami, proscuitto, capicolla......crackers or small toasts, grainy mustard,

deviled eggs

crudite platter......with a dip

assorted nuts

a hot dip.......crab dip, spinach dip

fresh fruit display.......grapes, melon, berries, canteloupe, pineapple.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Have never been to a wine party, but do like wine. I would say some varity of cheese and crackers would be a must. Sounds like fun, wish I was invited LOL

Respected Contributor

Google foods to serve at wine tasting party. You will get tons of ideas with pictures.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all for taking the time to reply. I knew I would get good answers here and inspiration. ❤️

Respected Contributor

Re: Help with Wine Party

[ Edited ]

If you go to the winery's website they will often give suggestions on pairings that go with particular varieties!

You will look like a wine expert. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

buy a number of different cheeses......mild to strong, soft to hard.....crackers, olives, raisins, cornichons, honey and/or raspberry preserves.

charcuterie......salami, proscuitto, capicolla......crackers or small toasts, grainy mustard,

deviled eggs

crudite platter......with a dip

assorted nuts

a hot dip.......crab dip, spinach dip

fresh fruit display.......grapes, melon, berries, canteloupe, pineapple.

I agree with @sunshine45; ythere will be something for everyone.

Honored Contributor

Finger foods are the way to go.  Definitely cheese and crackers.  I don't think you want anything too flavorful to not distract from the wine.  I went to a wine tasting held by a wine store.  On each table they had crackers, cheese, grapes, olives, a pitcher to dump wine, empty glass, a glass of ice water and a little snack plate.