Honored Contributor

Heads Up Curtis lovers!!!

[ Edited ]

I bought these frypans for much more!  Best purchase ever they are 2 years old & still work like new!

Best price $49.95 (670-655).

I'm sure they'll sell out at this price I may buy a set "just as a spare" -- nothing lasts forever😉

Edited: just checked it out and see these are on "extended" delivery.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Heads Up Curtis lovers!!!

Love his shows.  Love his products. Love Curtis!!!!

Respected Contributor

I've thought about trying the Durapan in the 8", which is what I use the most.  Or, if this set was offered as an 8" and 10" I might consider that but I never use my 12" pan.

I know these pans get great reviews, but when I read the negative ones, they repeatedly say how it isn't nonstick.  How can it work so well for some and not others?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sueinsf   I purchased 4 of his sheet pans.  I can tell you they are horrible.  They were great for the first couple of months I had them.

They discolor, the coating comes off and they are out of shape...pop in the oven.

His stuff looks great on TV, but I am scared as all get out to buy anymore of his products

I now use them under items that could,spill over in my oven.  I have to soak overnight to get the gunk off.

67E1CAF6-639E-44A3-89AA-ED46BB703F8B.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Thanks @Carmie 

New Contributor

The Curtis show that is supposed to be live right now is a re-run.  Same mistakes, clothing  being worn br the host and pricing exactly as the show I saw before.  I have course seen the same thing happening on QVC.  I resent being lied to about programming..  If they don't start announcing that shows are re-runs I will stop watching and purchasing altogerher.  You should not treat your loyal customers like idiots.

New Contributor

Thanks for posting as I can see wear on many items that they are using.

Honored Contributor

@crappy  HSN always shows reruns of their TS, etc.  I particularly notice this with Curtis Stone and Wolfgang.  I don't record much else from HSN.  I think this has always been their policy.  This is nothiing new for HSN.

Honored Contributor

@sueinsf   I have his sheet pans, but not in the colors.  Mine are kind of gray speckled.  Nothing sticks and they clean like a dream.  I think these were available before he came out with the red, turquoise, gold, etc.     I have two sets of his cookware and some individual pieces.  Nothing sticks or if an egg slightly sticks (no butter, etc. used), it still cleans up with one swipe of a sponge.   

Occasional Contributor

I've got lots of the Curtis Stone cookware and some of the bakeware, and I just looked on HSN, because the bakeware doesn't seem to hold up as well as the cookware, and noticed that the nonstick interiors have different names - the cookware has Dura-Pan non-stick coating, with "specially formulated 5-layer titanium", and the bakeware is coated with Dura-Bake non-stick coating, and the description just says there are multiple layers and doesn't mention titanium.

I've had my oldest set of his  for 4 years, and it's better than any other nonstick brand I've ever had; the only piece that doesn't look new is my 8-inch fry pan, which is slightly discolored since I usually do burgers in there. 

One of the best thing about his cookware is that drips on the outside of pots and pans wipe right off, no soaking necessary.  I had no idea why this was until I happened to notice sometime in the past year that the description states it's silicone paint. (The TS, which I did buy, doesn't say this, and I wonder if it's not silicone paint since the bottom is painted, and not the usual stainless steel; it also can't be used on induction cooktops).