Frequent Contributor

Anyone have this? I don't need it, but if I did this one is so much cheaper than the over hyped Vita Mix.

Trusted Contributor
First, you get what you pay for. Second, once you use a Vita-Mix, you will understand the hype.
Honored Contributor

KYToby wrote:
First, you get what you pay for. Second, once you use a Vita-Mix, you will understand the hype.

^^^ This!

Trusted Contributor

I have the Dash and have just used it for far for an ice blended coffee drink.  I like that it's digital (con -- it doesn't fit under the counter).  I wouldn't use VitaMix much to make it worthwhile for the price.  I don't cook that much.  I do plan on making soups.

Frequent Contributor

You're right, the Vita Mix is probably better. I'm another one who probably would  not use it enough.

Just curious in case I may feel the need to have one in the future.

Wanted first hand feedback.

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

I have this and I love it!  I can't imagine what I would need the Vitamix for that my Dash can't do. Sorry, I understand being loyal to the Vitamix but my Dash works great for everything I have tried. It's fast and pulverizes everything. It might not last 100 years, I don't know, but I've had it for about three, and it hasn't missed a beat. 

Regular Contributor

On more than one occassion HSN has been extremely disengenuious when comparing their blender to that of a Vitamix. Sell your item but be honest about it.

Honored Contributor

ULY wrote:

On more than one occassion HSN has been extremely disengenuious when comparing their blender to that of a Vitamix. Sell your item but be honest about it.

ITA on both accounts!   You could write a book of examples but as to blenders, I recall a Puck blender a year or two back that they were, elusively, comparing to a Vitamix - it was so much better, so much more horsepower, blah blah - and it smoked and in some cases even caught on fire.

What was even more ridiculous were some of the reviews where people said stuff like 'I love it, but it burned my counter, smoked, etc' and gave it five stars anyway.  Despite the reviews like that, there were plenty of one-star reviews but that one disappeared from the website pretty quickly.