Occasional Contributor

I was really impressed with the new cooks essentials 9 function multi cooker. Have been wanting to order it, but I already have the Ninja cooker and am trying to decide if there is enough difference between them to bother changing. I like my Ninja and it works just fine, but I really like the digital display and extra functions on the CE. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Honored Contributor

Re: Ninja vs Cooks Essentials

I have a Ninja and have tried to get enthused about it.  I even signed up for the Ninja recipe forum on Facebook.  People are always proudly photographing their culinary creations there which look to me like big messes.  I find casserole types of dishes put directly into the pan always burn on the bottom.  I can't get excited about baking a small cake as I have a big oven and a Breville for that.  I love my pressure cooker as nothing burns and I can use the slow cooker function in lieu of the Ninja or I can cook fast under pressure.

The Ninja takes up a lot of room to store and mine isn't earning its keep.  I'd not buy it if I had to do over again.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have the Ninja and the Cook's Companion from Evine.  Cook's Companion® 6.5 qt 1500W Ceramic Nonstick 11-in-1 Digital Multi Cooker  - 460-656  It is ceramic pot and used everyday in my house.  I use the Ninja when I do larger meals and need both.  The pot is heavy and ceramic versus non-stick.  It also has more functions than the Ninja and comes in great colors!  It is also cheaper and has 6 Value Pays.  Both will be getting a workout this holiday season!

460-656- Cook's Companion® 6.5 qt 1500W Ceramic Nonstick 11-in-1 Digital Multi Cooker

460-656- Cook's Companion® 6.5 qt 1500W Ceramic Nonstick 11-in-1 Digital Multi Cooker

Honored Contributor

I'll be glad when Fall and winter get here so I can get back to cooking and using my gadgets. LOL

Honored Contributor

I have the Ninja cooker and plan to use the slow cooker function for my homemade apple butter this fall.  I'll also use it for homemade spaghetti sauce in a few weeks.  I love the steamer function and the cooking function.  I'm not having much luck with the oven function.  Oven is too hot even on lowest setting, 250, and food burns or dries out.  Smiley Sad  I've followed the recipe but still have problems. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~