Honored Contributor

Why not let the hosts do the selling if they aren't going to let the food reps speak?

Valued Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@frenchie Looks like he will turn 60 in January 2024.  I just googled it Smiley Happy

Oh my gosh! I remember when he started. So he's around the same age as Jane, Pat, Mary Beth, Jayne and David. I was watching when he was waiting to get a call about one of his sons arriving. He was a wreck. 

New Contributor

I generally record all GH shows to watch after getting home from work. Its gotten to the point when the show starts & I see Mr Motormouth is the host I immediately delete it. Rachel and Alberti are both a joy to watch & listen to! (P.S. will someone please tell David everything is NOT "EXTRAORDINARY".

Honored Contributor

@frenchie wrote:

@LindaSal wrote:

@frenchie Looks like he will turn 60 in January 2024.  I just googled it Smiley Happy

Oh my gosh! I remember when he started. So he's around the same age as Jane, Pat, Mary Beth, Jayne and David. I was watching when he was waiting to get a call about one of his sons arriving. He was a wreck. 

Leah is in that group too.

Respected Contributor
Don’t care to watch Rick either. He is a definite channel changer. Rachel and Alberti are no better on GH shows. Both are as fake as a $3 bill. The grade school antics, yelling and screeching, squashing food, over the top reactions make food shows with these hosts unwatchable. I sadly have to agree with what is said about David. He used to let the vendors give info on their products. Not lately. Food shows were one of the few programs I could watch more of. Not any longer. QVC is getting desperate but their change in sales tactics isn’t helping their cause.
Esteemed Contributor
I've noticed that David has changed alot since he lost the weight...he seems to "talk down" to some of the vendors & take over what they are about to say.. he was never like this before... plus his smile is very phony 👎👎
Esteemed Contributor
Rachael & Alberti are the absolute worst host on the food shows .. They both act like they haven't eaten in days .. especially Rachael.. when she "man handles" the food it makes me sick .. they should keep her on the fashion shows with Kim & Susan etc,.
Respected Contributor

@January121 

My favorite show is ITKWD..because...

I LOVE to watch David's face when he doesn' realize the camera is on him...and he looks bored, stern, mad, or "when is this torture going to end and how many more hours of this today?"...( like when he's watching Mark Charles for the 9807th time demonstrate snips or can openers like they were a cure for cancer....)

..then, his face lights up with forced interest or that smile you refer to...when he realizes he IS on camera...and he as two hours left to shill Tara's Crack-ware in those tired old cornball patterns that he KNOWS he has to fake enthusiasm over...cause he HATES them and if he has to gush over Boofetti or those  infantile Holiday patterns one more time....he'll just..he'll just....well, ....you know.....

That's why I like to watch!!!

Why....it's EXTRAORDINARY and where it's all at!!!

Also  I like to hear thier star performers like Mally talk about urinating in her pants. that really makes my week ( NOT).

Funniest show on TeeVee!!!!

Regular Contributor

Re: Gourmet Holiday show

[ Edited ]

My issue(s) is the obvious lack of sincerity and honesty when it comes to certain hosts and even presenters. Certain hosts make irrational comparisons such as buying steaks from QVC and going to a restaurant and telling me I can't get the same steak dinner unless I spend in excess of $60.00 at said establishment. You also have presenters who claim their product is only available at QVC when, with my own two eyes, I have seen them at local supermarkets. I know sales are important as is being straight up with people. 

Valued Contributor

Of course. The producers are always telling hosts what to say and do.