Super Contributor

I lost everything in a 1994 earthquake. When I replaced dishes, I went with Pfalzgraf. After time, also found it so heavy for everyday use. Bought Corelle's Quilt pattern in 1995-96 and am still using it. Have recently added a couple of convenience pieces in the white. Love my Corelle.

Valued Contributor
I switched to Boutique Cherish Square Corelle when my kitchen was gutted and literally every solitary thing in my kitchen (and dining room which got a makeover too) was gone through to either keep, donate or trash. Old dishes were donated. Chipped ones were thrown out. No regrets. Except for my Christmas Pfaltzgraff Winterberry collection, I have zero other plates/place settings.

I grew up w Corelle, and like it for its versatility & simple look.
Super Contributor

I did the same.  I decided I did not like the heavy dishes, and bought some plain white Corelle.  Love it!

Trusted Contributor

I bought the Corelle platters several years ago and we like them so much I bought the meal bowls. They are great for salads and stir fries, etc. the platters are what DH prefers his breakfast on. I guess I am slowly adding to my collection of it (all in winter frost white) as I see sizes I know I will use. I shop on the website. My everyday dishes are Johnson Bros. Blue Willow...so the white looks fine with them when needed. I like how little space a whole stack of plates needs. They are also lighter in weight and some of my heavier stoneware does hurt my hands as I think I am getting arthritis in them. Big fan of Corelle! 

Respected Contributor

Re: Going Back to Corelle

[ Edited ]

@Duckncover 

If you are referring to the same Corelle platters that we love at our house, I agree they make excellent  breakfast/lunch/ dinner plates most of the time.  

Not too big.  Nice oblong shape to fit more than one or two foods at a time.  Very handy to have around for multiple uses.

They're even a little better than the one-dollar-each Corelle pie plates I got at an outlet store.  They're not great pie plates because they're too  shallow, but are good dinner plates--which is why I bought them--  because of their slighty raised sides.