Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

I wonder why everyone isn't using Corelle.  

@Foxxee 

Because we don't all like/love the same things.  That's what makes life interesting.  I love my Fiesta dinnerware in many, many colors.  The weight doesn't bother me, even though I have arthritis.   I just emptied out a family member's house and gave his Corelle to Goodwill because I don't like the look or feel of it.  No right or wrong to it; just different strokes for different folks.

@shoesnbags 

Lol.  I was expecting someone to reply to my comment from at least one who doesn't like Corelle.  Not surprising.  

I'm sorry, @Foxxee , but I thought that you actually wanted an answer. I would never just pop into a thread where people are discussing something they like just to announce that I don't like it.  But since you wondered, I answered, politely.  I love color, and I like some "heft" to my dishes. Not sure why my reply was "not surprising."

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Enjoy those bright colors, @beach-mom!  I've been on the Fiestaware train in the past too.  My color combo was cranberry and navy dinnerware with Polish Pottery Americana serving and accent pieces. I had the dishes packed away and gave them to our son when he moved out.  The PP pieces got sold or donated.  Before finally landing the Longaberger, and sticking with it, I had many different sets dishes - beige & brown stoneware from Service Merchandise was the first, then various sets of Corelle, Pfaltzgraff, Fiestaware.  It was like a sickness for awhile.  

Valued Contributor

@lynnie61 - I also have the Lace Bouquet Corelle.  Back in the late 80's I bought a complete service for 12 in all the pieces that they made plus 2 serving bowls and platters.  We are still using them and they are in perfect condition.  I love Corelle and will never switch.  Now that I have arthritis I so apreciate how lightweight it is.  I have my Mother's complete set of china and it is still in the boxes from when she passed.  

Respected Contributor

@WORKING GAL  I had to google it to remember the name of it.  I only have service for 8, but never bought extra pieces.  I love the tiny blue flowers.  I am surprised at how much inventory there is of Lace Bouquet on EBay.  

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 

I am a fan of rustic style and love hand thrown pottery etc. etc..

I love Heath stoneware and there probably isn't much out there that is heavier!

I saw you mention that you had Dansk, and I think that is a brand with style for days!!

Beautiful stuff in many of their designs.

Valued Contributor

I believe "golden butterflies" border pattern was one of the first Corelle sets..Maybe in the 70's or 80's.

I bought a service for 8 with all the extas for my parents.

They were passed around to other family members for years later..Most of the pieces are back in my hands!

There are some good things that happen from the old saying"what goes around comes around"!.

Trusted Contributor

I have a few Longaberger coffee mugs that I like;  they seem to keep the coffee warmer.  My sister n law has their dinnerware... gosh, they are heavy!  I've always liked Corelle!

Honored Contributor

@781Florist wrote:

@Kachina624 

I am a fan of rustic style and love hand thrown pottery etc. etc..

I love Heath stoneware and there probably isn't much out there that is heavier!

I saw you mention that you had Dansk, and I think that is a brand with style for days!!

Beautiful stuff in many of their designs.

@781Florist   I like rustic too.  My mom had hand-thrown pottery and it had 2 major disadvantages.  It is extremely heavy, more so than even Fiesta.  If you break a piece, you probably won't be able to replace it.  I and the owner of the shop where it was purchased spent a lot of time trying to track down the potter that made mom's.  Never could find him/her so no reolacement.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Re: Going Back to Corelle

[ Edited ]

If I were a mom of young children I would highly suggest Corelle.  Kids can help in kitchen and risk of damage minimal.  

(made in USA so I trust more than plastics)

Honored Contributor

I've been using Corelle for 50 years, various patterns.  About 20 years ago I inherited my grandmother's Fiesta from my mother.  The 50's colors.  Now I just alternate depending upon my mood.  I also collect some of the new Fiesta, especially the java mugs, our favorite.