Honored Contributor

i always liked cheap Melamine LOL

Honored Contributor

@Twins Mom wrote:

I got square Corelle a couple of years ago to use everyday.  In dishwasher everyday and easy to use. Pottery barn heavy plates get occasional use but not much.  Previous set of Corelle had fruit.  I kept luncheon size and some are definitely faded, but that's after a good 15 years of daily use.  Can't say that about most household items, definitely not stone ware stuff.

@Twins Mom I've always been a nut for dishes. Early in our married life we had the Corelle Wildflower and then we had the fruit ones callled Abundance. 

Honored Contributor

I wonder why everyone isn't using Corelle.  

Respected Contributor

I had a big set of heavy stoneware that I bought in the mid-1970's.  I took up so much space in the cupboards that I could only keep a few pieces to use on an everday basis in the cabinets.  My mom hated it & complained that it was just too heavy for her. 

She bought a full set of Corelle Abundance when it was readily available in the 80's or 90's & I added completer pieces to it as I found them when we had local Corning outlet store.  I could stack 12 Corelle plates in the space that I could only stack about 4 of the stoneware.  

When I moved states, I donated the stoneware & still use that old Corelle Abundance that was my mom's.  It's still just fine & I think in all these years, I've had one luncheon plate break in the microwave.  I don't care for the pattern that much, I don't hate it, but it doesn't bother me enough that I want to get an all new set at this point in my life.

Honored Contributor

I went back to Corelle last year, either summer or fall.  I donated the dishes we'd used for almost 30 years and bought just the plain white Corelle at the grocery store, set of 4 and no mugs and I am thrilled with them.  Simple and lightweight.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Frequent Contributor

Years ago I bought 2 brand new ITB Service of 4 sets of my Corelle off a co-worker because she didn't want them. That was back in the 80's and I use them everyday. When my Husband and I went to a thrift store one day, I found my exact pattern (which has long been a retired pattern). That set from the thrift store was all pieces that I didn't have in my original sets and all looked brand new - I WAS THRILLED. I too, love my Corelle because it's light weight, microwavable and dishwasher safe.

Respected Contributor

I’ve had Corelle Lace Bouquet for 30+ years.  I have some old temptations serving pieces and bakeware, nothing like today’s pieces.  But my dishes were always Corelle. I still love the pattern 35 years later.  I use the dinner plates, small salad plates and bowls daily.  Pattern is still like the day I bought it.  Nothing has faded on the rims.  

I dont use the small mugs.  I use a beautiful polish stoneware bubble mug for my coffe and tea.  I still love my Corelle. 

Respected Contributor

Corelle is my go to as well for daily use.  DH is very hard on dishes.  Chips out of everything.  Corelle lasts the longest.  Love that it is so lightweight.

I bring out the fine dining ware less and less.  LM

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch I love table settings...too many sets of dishes.  About a year ago, I bought simple white (chose the round) Corelle and never looked back.  I really enjoy using it for everyday casual dishes.  So fresh, practical, easy care....keepin' life simple these days.  Enjoy your new dishes!👍🏼 

Respected Contributor

Re: Going Back to Corelle

[ Edited ]

We also love and use Corelle daily- I dislike heavy stonewarevthat is prone to chipping and cracking!