Honored Contributor

I can't believe I'm doing this but I am.  In the early 90's, when it was originally sold by the piece, I fell for the new line of Longaberger dinnerware.  At the time, we couldn't afford it, but I kept it in my mind for years.  When our kids were in school full time I went back to work and also became a Longaberger consultant so I could buy my dishes at a discount. And boy, did I buy!  I have more plates than two people can use, and a bowls for every possibility; dips, condiments, soup, cereal, salad, plus numerous baking pieces and accessories galore.  I have loved it all for over 25 yrs. and it's held up well.  The truth, though, is that it's just getting to be too heavy to deal with and we have too much of it.  

It may not be everyone's cup of tea but I'm going back to Corelle, something in plain white.  Right now, the hardest decision is if I want a round or square design.  Once I discuss with DH, I'll probably order it tomorrow.  I'm going to replace my bakeware with good ol' Pyrex too.

Esteemed Contributor

I have, and love, my Correlle.  Been using it for years because it is lighter to use.  I have collected service for 12 plus extra pieces.

Changed out my cookware for the same reason.

Respected Contributor

I've been buying more Corelle.........white frost?  Got some great deals when we just needed a few items. Funny thing is that I found it cheaper in our local Publix grocery store than I did with a discount plus free shipping at Macy's and other retailers. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Going Back to Corelle

[ Edited ]

I've done the same.  I have a beautiful set of Dansk dinner and bake ware with all the serving pieces.  A few years ago I bought a set of Corelle and that's what I use on a daily basis, mostly because it's so lightweight.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I have the Corelle divided plates - 8 of them.

Still like my fiestaware, but I equally like the Corelle

for the weight and the sections.

I also have a set of bowls.

Trusted Contributor

I just did the same thing. I had several sets of dinnerware that were just too heavy. I got caught up in all hype of the Better Homes and gardens seasonal sets and as pretty as they are I just can't deal with them. So I dug out my old Corelle Cranberry blossom set and I am so much happier. The large serving bowls and platters are so much easier to handle. 😍

Respected Contributor

I  never stopped using my Corelle. It lasts forever. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch I am in exactly the same situation. I love my Longaberger dishes but they’re too heavy now. I’m not really a fan of corelle but it’s light and I’m not at all tempted to buy every single matching piece like I was with Longaberger! In fact, I want as few pieces as possible. 😉

What will you do with all your L dishes? 

Honored Contributor

@Kalli wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch I am in exactly the same situation. I love my Longaberger dishes but they’re too heavy now. I’m not really a fan of corelle but it’s light and I’m not at all tempted to buy every single matching piece like I was with Longaberger! In fact, I want as few pieces as possible. 😉

What will you do with all your L dishes? 

@Kalli Our daughter is coming over on Monday for some wedding florist appointments.  I know she won't take everything, but I'm hoping she'll go home with a lot.  

I'm parting with the Traditional Blue that we've used for everyday. We still have a boatload of solid Ivory and Traditional Holly that are more occasional use so we're keeping those for now.

Respected Contributor

I got square Corelle a couple of years ago to use everyday.  In dishwasher everyday and easy to use. Pottery barn heavy plates get occasional use but not much.  Previous set of Corelle had fruit.  I kept luncheon size and some are definitely faded, but that's after a good 15 years of daily use.  Can't say that about most household items, definitely not stone ware stuff.