Honored Contributor

Was gonna make King Arthur recipe of Tx. Toast and it called for garlic oil.

Ok, so, I go to couple of stores can't find garlic oil at Walmart or United supermarkets. 

don't want to pay KA 15 plus shp. anyone have any suggestions ?

Respected Contributor
  • Make it yourself. Olive oil. Clove of garlic. Crack clove of garlic (don't chop). Place 1/2 cup oil and the garlic in cold pan or pot and turn on medium heat. Cook until warmed through  but not boiling. Turn off heat, remove garlic and brush on toast or however your recipe said. Adjust amounts of oil to what you were needing it for. 
  • Starting off cold keeps from overheating oil and allows for "steeping" the garlic to leech flavor into the oil. 
Honored Contributor

mmmmmmmm   that's an idea......

Thanks !

Super Contributor

If you live near a Trader Joe's they have a garlic olive oil that is just fabulous.

Esteemed Contributor

Amazon has several kinds and most have free shipping if you are a Prime member.  If you do not need very much, and if you use the minced garlic in olive oil, then I would just use a strainer for the oil so that the garlic is not mixed in.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

FWIW, the garlic oil from King Arthur is fabulous. I made Garlic-Parmesan yeast rolls and this last time, I used a mix of EVOO and the garlic oil.

Also....Trader Joe's has a decadent Parmesan Gouda cheese that's simply wonderful stuff. So instead of using just Parm in my rolls, I used the Parm Gouda.

Those yeast rolls are wonderful!

Honored Contributor

Please read: http://theolivepress.com/news-blog/be-aware-of-the-risks-of-botulism-with-homemade-garlic-infused-oi...

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland