Contributor
I need a new fryer any ideas I had a Cook's Essential many moons ago.
Honored Contributor

skillet ? deep fryer?

Contributor
I'm sorry Deep Fryer.
Honored Contributor

I love the Masterbuilt turkey fryer. We have the one that will do a 22 lb turkey. Lots of room, you can do boils in it also, easy to drain, electric, maintains the temp very well. We don't use it all the time but I tossed my smaller fryer which was useless. At least with the big one I can do a whole meals worth in one batch. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Over in HSN if I had 150 didn't know what to do with I'd get that Simply Ming that looks great and has cermic bottom bet that's a good quality piece of equipment.

I just wanted something for french frys went to Walmart and got the big fry Daddy. got another for deep frying chicken in the basket think it's a Cooks essentials.  Wolf has his own,also. Some has the double baskets too nowdays. Takes more oil though. I like the idea fry all at once have your side dish on one side and chicken on the other or chicken both frying at once.   Lots of choices !

Honored Contributor

If I wanted or needed a deep fryer (I don't), I would buy one of the induction burners and an induction ready pan of the size I wanted and use it.  You can control the temperature very exactly for frying plus you get the use of a great burner for other things.  These burners may make dedicated fryers obsolete.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

If I wanted or needed a deep fryer (I don't), I would buy one of the induction burners and an induction ready pan of the size I wanted and use it.  You can control the temperature very exactly for frying plus you get the use of a great burner for other things.  These burners may make dedicated fryers obsolete.

For small amounts sure, but the weight and pot size limits aren't going to replace a turkey fryer. I own an induction burner. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval