Honored Contributor

The peach truck is finally here. We bought a case of peaches. I have a mixture cooling in the fridge to make a couple batches of peach ice cream in the new little ice cream maker. Can't wait to eat it. Yum!!!

Cunningham peaches from Colorado will be here in Aug. Another Yum!!!

The peaches DH picked up Fri are from Noland's in Colorado.

I already ate 4 peaches today. LOL!!!

The recipe I'm using is suppose to be Ben & Jerry's Peach Ice Cream.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz, the peaches are really good this summer.  I just made a birthday cake for DH that was supposed to be a French strawberry cake; but, strawberries are not his favorite, so I did use some of them, along with lots of peaches and blueberries.  It was delicious.  Enjoy your ice cream.  I love homemade peach ice cream.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Valued Contributor

Re: Fresh Peaches Yum!!!

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz ... a fellow Coloradoan here who is sooo enjoying the first batches of peaches, too. Can't wait to taste what the August crops bring!   Mmmm ... 

Respected Contributor

my grandmother lived in Decatur, Georgia and the whole clan would come together from various states at her house (she had a sleeping porch for all the children that wrapped around 3/4 of the house -  fun!) every few years.  the highlight of the visit was always churning fresh peach ice cream on her back steps.  the best ice cream ever - of course it was.  they were Georgia peaches and my grandmother used fresh cream.  wow-ee!

Respected Contributor

I bought some Peaches last week and again this week. They are just delicious. 

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

my grandmother lived in Decatur, Georgia and the whole clan would come together from various states at her house (she had a sleeping porch for all the children that wrapped around 3/4 of the house -  fun!) every few years.  the highlight of the visit was always churning fresh peach ice cream on her back steps.  the best ice cream ever - of course it was.  they were Georgia peaches and my grandmother used fresh cream.  wow-ee!

Enjoyed reading your family memories. Reminds me of childhood. Grandmother made my favorite blueberry pie! little wild blueberries. Ommmy!!!!😘 juiciest pie!! which did I love more? juice or berries?!? No matter how I try recreat her recipe, Not the same. Oh wish could jump in a time capsule. Thanks for reminding me lucky I was.🙋
Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity   loved your comment.  in the days of my youth we didn't have all that kids have now - materially -  but i feel i had so much more.  i am still closest to my cousins because of those summers in simpler times.  i feel i could write my own Waltons series!  but don't worry -  it has been done!

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@Nightowlz, the peaches are really good this summer.  I just made a birthday cake for DH that was supposed to be a French strawberry cake; but, strawberries are not his favorite, so I did use some of them, along with lots of peaches and blueberries.  It was delicious.  Enjoy your ice cream.  I love homemade peach ice cream.

@SXMGirl Your cake sounds delicious. Can you share your recipe? TIA I love peaches & cannot wait every year until the truck shows up. The peaches are so good & nothing like the hard peaches the grocery store around here sell.

Honored Contributor

@AspenGrove wrote:

@Nightowlz ... a fellow Coloradoan here who is sooo enjoying the first batches of peaches, too. Can't wait to taste what the August crops bring!   Mmmm ... 

@AspenGrove Love Cololrado peaches. I think they are probably the best I have ever ate.
One year when we went to Fl we had peaches from  Ark, Al, Ga, SC, Fl & Ok & Co peaches when we got back home. The peaches from Cunningham's are huge & so juicy. You better have a bowl & stand over the sink they are so juicy.

Some place in Tx has peaches as good as those Co peaches but don't know where they were from. The guy selling them just said they were from Tx. Have not seen him around here since.

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@ms traditional I remember making peach ice cream when I was a kid. At the grandparents house it was usually out back in the grove under the shade trees. I also remember my dad making it when I was a kid. I love it. One of my grandmother's had a house with a porch 1/2 way around it. It was really neat.