Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz   that sounds wonderful, too.  i swear that no other ice cream ever tasted better!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fresh Peaches Yum!!!

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz, here is the recipe.  First, I will provide the actual one and then my changes.

French Strawberry Cake:

Ingredients:

1 stick unsalted butter, softened

1 1/4 cup sugar, divided

2 large eggs

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 1/3 cup all purpose flour

1 1/4 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup sour cream

16 ounces fresh strawberries, sliced

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350.  Spray a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.

In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip together butter and 1 cup of sugar until pal and fluffy, 5 to  7 minutes.

Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition.  Beat in the vanilla.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.  Gradually add the flour mixture to butter mixture, alternating with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating until just combined after each addition.

Fold in strawberries.  Spread the batter in the prepared cake pan.

Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup sugar evenly over the top of the cake batter.

Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45-40 minutes.

Let the cake cool completely in the pan and then slice to serve.

My changes:

I mixed a few strawberries withh sliced peaches and lots of blueberries.  I know that it was more than 16 ounces.

I used two farm fresh extra large eggs from the farmers market, because that is what I had.

I used Bakewell for the baking powder.

Since I baked it in my counter-top oven, and I used a blue springform pan (I think it was Jamie Oliver's and probably 8 or 9 inches), I baked it at 325 for 30 minutes.

It is supposed to be custard-like and it is recommended that you do a shake of the pan if you don't want to insert a pick.

When I make it again, I probably will top it with sparkling sugar from King Arthur.

I hope that you enjoy this if you try it.  We really liked it.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

My birthday was this week, and my sister had me over for birthday dinner tonight.  She had made peach cobbler for dessert that was delicious!  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Yum!!  We are in the Denver Metro area and since Palisade is too far for a day trip we'll have to see if we can find them locally.  Enjoy your ice cream!

Honored Contributor

Here in MI we have a few weeks yet to harvest our peaches. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@Nightowlz, here is the recipe.  First, I will provide the actual one and then my changes.

French Strawberry Cake:

Ingredients:

1 stick unsalted butter, softened

1 1/4 cup sugar, divided

2 large eggs

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 1/3 cup all purpose flour

1 1/4 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup sour cream

16 ounces fresh strawberries, sliced

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350.  Spray a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.

In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip together butter and 1 cup of sugar until pal and fluffy, 5 to  7 minutes.

Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition.  Beat in the vanilla.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.  Gradually add the flour mixture to butter mixture, alternating with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating until just combined after each addition.

Fold in strawberries.  Spread the batter in the prepared cake pan.

Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup sugar evenly over the top of the cake batter.

Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45-40 minutes.

Let the cake cool completely in the pan and then slice to serve.

My changes:

I mixed a few strawberries withh sliced peaches and lots of blueberries.  I know that it was more than 16 ounces.

I used two farm fresh extra large eggs from the farmers market, because that is what I had.

I used Bakewell for the baking powder.

Since I baked it in my counter-top oven, and I used a blue springform pan (I think it was Jamie Oliver's and probably 8 or 9 inches), I baked it at 325 for 30 minutes.

It is supposed to be custard-like and it is recommended that you do a shake of the pan if you don't want to insert a pick.

When I make it again, I probably will top it with sparkling sugar from King Arthur.

I hope that you enjoy this if you try it.  We really liked it.

@SXMGirl Thx for sharing your recipe. It really sounds good. When it's hot all I really like eating is lots of fruit.

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

My birthday was this week, and my sister had me over for birthday dinner tonight.  She had made peach cobbler for dessert that was delicious!  

@NickNack Happy late Birthday. That was nice of your sister to have you over for you birthday. DH loves peach cobbler & always make some during peach season.

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

Yum!!  We are in the Denver Metro area and since Palisade is too far for a day trip we'll have to see if we can find them locally.  Enjoy your ice cream!

@rockygems123 If I lived in Co I would drive to the Palisades to buy peaches if I had to. When they were froze out & we could not get any peaches we drove to Porter Ok to buy peaches which was about a 6 hr round trip. We had to do that or not have any good peaches that summer. That's not happening with me. LOL!!! I have to have my peaches. We go thru at least 4 cases each summer. Wish the Palisades was not so far but it's over 12 hrs from us.