Honored Contributor

I have a good pasta dough recipe and like to roll by hand but when I wonder how to keep thin Spaghetti noodles from sticking?  I use a manual crank roller.

Trusted Contributor

If not cooking pasta noodles right away, let them dry on a baking sheet for 1 to 2 minutes, dust well with flour so the strands will not stick together, and loosely fold them or form into small nests. Let dry for about 30 minutes more, then wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 days.

Contributor

SydneyH, just received a manual pasta maker.  Would you be willing to share your recipe?  Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Fresh Pasta Question

[ Edited ]

I use a hand crank Atlas pasta machine.  Made in Italy.   Pasta comes out perfect.  

Also makes perfect , ramen, chow mein, and chow fun noodles.   Smiley Happy

Dust with flower, and hang on wood pasta rack I bought in Italy.

Good luck.

Hung

Respected Contributor

I make all my own pasta.  I use a little flour so the strands don't stick.  I wrap whatever I don't need in plastic and freeze it in a ziplock bag.  I just drop the frozen pasta into boiling water and let it cook.  Freezes very well.

Trusted Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

I use a hand crank Atlas pasta machine.  Made in Italy.   Pasta comes out perfect.  

Also makes perfect , ramen, chow mein, and chow fun noodles.   Smiley Happy

Dust with flower, and hang on wood pasta rack I bought in Italy.

Good luck.

Hung

Oh wow, that's the pasta maker that my MIL had! She gave it to me and I use it for fresh pasta. Except for ravioli....when I make ravioli, I just roll the dough out, cut the squares out, fill them, fold them over, and crimp. I make both pasta with egg and pasta without egg. Spinach pasta is really good, too.

Simply dust with a wee bit of flour and dry the noodles. Yum. Now I'm hungry for fresh pasta.

Honored Contributor

@Nuisie1 wrote:

SydneyH, just received a manual pasta maker.  Would you be willing to share your recipe?  Thank you.

I've used the standard KitchenAid pasta dough recipe though I'm going to find some 00 flour to improve the texture.  

https://www.kitchenaid.com.au/blog/basic-pasta-recipe

Honored Contributor

Yet another question, I'm toying with the idea of making my own cannelloni, do I have to blanch or boil the sheets before assembling and baking? 

Contributor

Thank you for your reply.  If you are able to find the 00 flour let me know where you found it.  I have done research and found that using King Arthur flour even the bread flour will give good results.

Honored Contributor

@Nuisie1 wrote:

Thank you for your reply.  If you are able to find the 00 flour let me know where you found it.  I have done research and found that using King Arthur flour even the bread flour will give good results.

Walmart and Amazon carry it...........