Honored Contributor

French press coffee maker

[ Edited ]

Thinking of one,but  do wonder if you have one  how long does coffee in it stay hot,and do you really like the flavor of coffee ,i like dark roast  coffee?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Re: French press coffee maker

It's a great way to make coffee, but you make just enough that you need to drink immediately. I've never regretted buying mine. I enjoy pushing the press down.

Respected Contributor

I haven't used mine in a long time.  I remember that it makes excellent coffee.  Remember to buy coffee  (or grind it yourself) that is COARSE grind, not drip grind.  Use rather quickly after brewing.  I don't think it stays warm very long.  Mine is manual though.  If you have an electric coffee maker, the coffee should stay warm longer.

Honored Contributor

I had some at my son in law and daughter's house, and it was such good coffee. My son in law said he loves it, they also have a Keurig, but he said the coffee tastes so much better with the French Press.

Respected Contributor

I bought my glass press almost 40 years ago. I see now there are ceramic ones that would keep your coffee warm a little longer. It would be the same as coffee in a ceramic mug, plus a bit longer because of the lid.

Esteemed Contributor

It will need coarse grind coffee and only the immediate brew will be hot.

Then you are faced with a mess of wet grounds.

I finally gave up on mine.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest   I  purchased a  stainless  steel--interior and exterior--French Press in December,  2019 via Amazon.  My model--a Francois & Mimi Vintage double wall one is not currently available.  I  wanted the "vintage"  look and hunted for quite a while before finding this one.

I rarely drink coffee and wanted an alternative to  my  Hamilton Beach duo appliance  which I keep in a  cabinet.  My French  Press is pretty enough to  keep out on my decorative baker's rack with other metal pieces--water pitcher, bartender  tools, sugar and creamer on a tray, etc.

I paid $34.90 for it and have been well satisfied.  There are similar double stainless ones available just with a more  contemporary silhouettes.  I drink my coffee black and the  press  keeps it  hot enough for me.

Hope this  helps.

aroc3435

Washington, DC 

Honored Contributor

I bought my friend a Bodum Chambord French Press coffeemaker through Amazon last year for her birthday.  I think it cost around $40.

Super Contributor

I am a big coffee drinker and love drip, perked and FP coffee. FP does get cold fast but you can make cold brew coffee in it...put in your coarse grounds and add cold water...let it sit 8-12 hours overnight....and press in the morning

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a double walled stainless steel French press I bought on Amazon several years ago. It keeps my coffee warm enough to make it thru breakfast. If I want it to last beyond that I pour it into my thermos coffee tumbler. 

I have a key rig and my preference is the French press coffee if time permits. I use the Keurig more for convenience. 

The Frenc press uses a courser  grind of the coffee so I just grind the whole beans myself.