Honored Contributor

cookout season will soon be upon us. I was just wondering, what do you not eat at the picnic ?  I won't eat salads with egg in them ( hate eggs) and relay don't care for baked beans no matter the recipe. What picnic food do you avoid ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

If is burgers, I don't want the bun, just a lettuce wrap!

Super Contributor

Re: picnic season

[ Edited ]

I avoid anything with Tuna in it.

Esteemed Contributor

I avoid all of it. If I'm very, very hungry, I will eat a burger without the bun or anything else. I strongly dislike eating outside anyway....apart from the poor food choices usually available at picnics. 

Esteemed Contributor

ants.....lol.....

Super Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

If is burgers, I don't want the bun, just a lettuce wrap!

Me too  I love lettuce wraps!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love picnic food.  I can't eat most of it though.  Anything made with wheat is out...that means no bread products, sandwiches ,no pasta, no breaded fried chicken and usually no desserts.

That leaves me with salad, hamburgers surrounded in lettuce, sausage, fruits and veggies, baked beans, potato salad, potato chips, and  deviled or pickled red beet eggs.

I am not a fan of hot dogs and some have gluten in them, so I don't eat them unless there is no choice and they are gluten free.

I picnic almost everyday all summer long on our boat.  I pack the food, so I pack things that I can eat and enjoy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This group is no fun whatsoever.  What a bunch of picky eaters!  My favorite picnic dinner is cold fried chicken and potato salad with black olives and sliced tomatoes.  All properly iced down of course.   There is no food I'd automatically reject except seafood. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not fond of baked beans.  Only the bacon!!!

There used to be a "salad" made with Ramin.  That's hard for me too!

Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1  I eat it all. A taste of everything. I live fearlessly. Ha.Woman Wink