Honored Contributor

I purchased Mrs. Prindables apples as a gift for my in-laws & my MIL put them on the freezer. I’ve never heard whether or not they can be frozen. Is it okay to freeze them?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I purchased Mrs. Prindables apples as a gift for my in-laws & my MIL put them on the freezer. I’ve never heard whether or not they can be frozen. Is it okay to freeze them?

@SurferWife  They just said no to the freezer.

Respected Contributor

Funny you should ask this.  David Venable just said his mom called him and asked him if she could freeze Mrs. P's apples.  He told her no, absolutely not.  She had just put them in the freezer when she called him and asked that question. 

Respected Contributor

Funny you should ask. David and Laurie just said they should not be frozen. They’ll keep for 3 weeks in the fridge.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm surprised anyone would think you could freeze an apple.  Surely it wouldn't defrost well.  

Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone. After my post I checked Mrs. Prindables website & freezing them is a big NO! I called my MIL only to find out she put them in the refrigerator, not the freezer. My FIL was confused.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@SurferWife  They keep in the frig for over three weeks, but a freezer would make them mushy, so much water in them to begin with.

Honored Contributor

Re: Freeze Mrs. Prindables?

[ Edited ]

Consider a Mrs. Prindable’s apple as you would a piece of fresh fruit. Once fresh fruits are frozen they will be mushy when thawed out, never like freshly picked or freshly purchased again.  Keep the Mrs. P’s in the fridge.  I bought the 10 piece TSV before Thanksgiving and they stayed good in the fridge until we finished the last one at about the 3 week mark and it was still crisp & tasty.  I bet it still would have lasted a little longer.   

Honored Contributor

My mom is in early stages of dementia; the last Mrs Prindables apple I gave her, was put in the freezer.   I just shook my head when I saw it in there.