Honored Contributor

Hope that sold out along with the spurtle. LOL

Honored Contributor

@SharkE I noticed in the few minutes I was stuck on the couch with ice that everything she cooked except for a few vegetables in one was extremely high in calories!

She just kept piling stuff on that steak!  I'd prefer to taste the steak!

Respected Contributor

Nothing look appetizing at all😕

Honored Contributor

I have a few of the old original GF grills, they are handy & good quality.

I wasn't sure this new one would be a huge improvement but I did like that it had a broil feature.

I like to use broil sometimes & don't like having to fire up the oven.

But I didn't buy, wasn't going to spend $90 for that small of a convenience.

But I may in the future.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Trouble with QVC is they get in like 100,000 of any one thing and by dingy they're gonna sell every last one of them. Every half hr. every new host is gonna plug 'em till they're gone. Bet that spurtle girl sees those things in her sleep. she answers the phone saying 'spurtle', she drives in her car mumbling 'spurtle', instead of replying when spoken to she says 'spurtle'.

Poor woman........

Respected Contributor

@software I agree that broil feature  looks like a great idea. I was watching and thought that will be a mess. Then the rep showed the covering comes off to wash. It seems like on appliances like this it is usually the top part that burns out , so at least one would know when that happened ! ( that is what happened to my very first one that just cooked mainly meat--but it did last a long time).

I bought the one of the first models that launched with plates that came out and it is still  working. Love the waffle plates as I rarely made waffles when cleanup was so messy.

The new one would be an easy way to make brulee (sp?) without heating up your oven.----O. K. ---walk away from the order page....

Honored Contributor

Thanks for your review!

the new GF grill seems to hit all my boxes, I do so want it to be the "grill of my dreams"

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

@software I agree that broil feature  looks like a great idea. I was watching and thought that will be a mess. Then the rep showed the covering comes off to wash. It seems like on appliances like this it is usually the top part that burns out , so at least one would know when that happened ! ( that is what happened to my very first one that just cooked mainly meat--but it did last a long time).

I bought the one of the first models that launched with plates that came out and it is still  working. Love the waffle plates as I rarely made waffles when cleanup was so messy.

The new one would be an easy way to make brulee (sp?) without heating up your oven.----O. K. ---walk away from the order page....

Honored Contributor

All I can think about is---how bloody expensive to send it back if you don't like it. Cost me $8 to send back an item that weighed 5 oz!!!!

Honored Contributor

Looking forward to receiving mine.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

yeah, that shipping is out of this world and yet the post office can't seem to make it. I've been behind folks at USPS who have spend almost 100 to shp

Horrible, I send money to people and tell 'em up front I'm not paying shp.

No huge Christmas bills for the sharkes. LOL