Honored Contributor

For Squirrel Appreciation Day

Some of you may have heard Gary and Carolyn mention Squirrel Appreciation day as being next Tuesday, January 21 during their last Denim & Co. show.

Here is an adorable "oven squirrel" to use to pull out and push back in your oven racks.  Use the ears to pull out and the chest to push back.

Only $25.95 from the Isabella Catalog.

Yes, it's quite cute, but probably useless and overpriced. I'd love to have one but wouldn't spend 25.00 for it.  I've been successfully using a big metal long-handled spatula to move my oven rack.

On the other hand, Isabella has unique and interesting items.

Oven Squirrel - A Paws-On Helper

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: For Squirrel Appreciation Day

Really cute but just more kitchen clutter.  I use a pot holder.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Squirrel thing has run it's course.

Honored Contributor

Aww, I want him but I agree that the price is too high for what you're getting.  I love squirrels!  Smiley Happy   I miss my squirrel babies from last year.  I guess they hide out during winter so I hope I see them again this year.    So cute.   I miss watching them eat their peanuts until their little cheeks are exploding!

Honored Contributor

What a cute little guy!  Has that charming little squirrel "busy-body" look.

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt, it's possible that your little squirrels have navigated to my place. I can assure you that they are well fed and getting quite fat this winter with all of the deer corn that they eat daily! They regularly hold their "squirrel convention" in the morning to get dibs for the best spot in the corn bin, although as you can imagine, squatter's rights change by the minute! I'll continue to keep an eye on them, and will try to get them back to you as soon as they get bored here in St. Louis! LOL! Seriously, they're entertaining and we enjoy watching them, especially on "peanut day"!

Esteemed Contributor

That's the dumbest looking thing....and the price!  Not for FREE

Honored Contributor

Carolyn frequently says she's going to get him something squirrel.

This is very cute, but I wouldn't use it.  It might look cute hanging on a rustic Christmas tree.  

Respected Contributor

If you really need have a need for something to push/pull your oven racks, here's one that's only $4.99 on Amazon & it's made of heat-resistant silicone:

Image result for Norpro NOR-1229 Silicone Oven Rack Push/Pull Tool

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Creative/fun and agree it is overpriced.  This post reminds me of @mistriTsquirrel .  I miss her and hope she is doing well, she is a warrior and has taught me a lot.  I love her adorable squirrels.