Respected Contributor

Re: For Squirrel Appreciation Day

@GingerPeach wrote:

Some of you may have heard Gary and Carolyn mention Squirrel Appreciation day as being next Tuesday, January 21 during their last Denim & Co. show.

Here is an adorable "oven squirrel" to use to pull out and push back in your oven racks.  Use the ears to pull out and the chest to push back.

Only $25.95 from the Isabella Catalog.

Yes, it's quite cute, but probably useless and overpriced. I'd love to have one but wouldn't spend 25.00 for it.  I've been successfully using a big metal long-handled spatula to move my oven rack.

On the other hand, Isabella has unique and interesting items.

Oven Squirrel - A Paws-On Helper

Gary and Caroline??? I remember them trying to decide what was on her hat, they both said squirrel, when it was definetly a chip munk. Not sure what they will be celebrating next week. I have both critters in my yard all the time, squirrels don't have stripes down their back. 

Trusted Contributor

@jannabelle1I also have my furry squirrels visit our feeder daily.  I like to tell my husband that all animals are God's little creations.

Respected Contributor

I love that there is a Squirrel Appreciation Day but in our house that is everyday.   We usually have six squirrels show up every morning.  They all come up to the door and my husband doles out the peanuts to them one by one.  He then fills up the squirrel feeder we have on a tree.  It is so much fun to watch them run up and down the tree with a peanut in their mouth.   Sometimes one will decide that he/she is just going to sit on the feeder lid and not let anyone else get a peanut.   

The feeding of the birds and squirrels that come into our yard  is one of our favorite activities.   I don't even mind the cleaning of the bird feeders and bird-house.   The other night it got very cold and the water in the birdbath froze over.   The first thing I did the next morning was to boil water to thaw the birdbath so that the birds and squirrels had water to drink.

Their little lives are so fragile and if we can help them in just a small way then we are more than happy to do so.

Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Creative/fun and agree it is overpriced.  This post reminds me of @mistriTsquirrel .  I miss her and hope she is doing well, she is a warrior and has taught me a lot.  I love her adorable squirrels.

😭  Thank you so much @phoenixbrd.  You are so sweet. Heart

I still come around, but am not here as much as I used to be.

I'm getting by.

Currently I am worrying about my squirrel friends who live in my trees.  The trees are diseased and need to be cut down in the spring.  It will crush me to see them return to the stumps looking for their homes.  I am looking into whether or not relocating them is legal here, and if that would even be the best thing for them.

How are you?

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel   So good to read your post and thank you for asking.  I'm looking forward to the new year.  I've set a rigorous challenge for myself and making progress. Transformation is my life's work.

I understand your concern for the squirrels.  There are cages that don't harm them in the relocation process.  They bring me such joy to watch them in the back yard.

I've read your posts and admire how you have been kind and giving under the most difficult situations and the great sense of humor is a gift.  I even looked up the picture of the precious little squirrel who was so profound, but his main concern was the Buddha hat!  I made a copy of it to remind myself to always have a sense of humor as well as kindness in our lives even when the challenges are immense.

Our journeys are priceless...there is always something to learn. 

love & light to you

Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel   So good to read your post and thank you for asking.  I'm looking forward to the new year.  I've set a rigorous challenge for myself and making progress. Transformation is my life's work.

I understand your concern for the squirrels.  There are cages that don't harm them in the relocation process.  They bring me such joy to watch them in the back yard.

I've read your posts and admire how you have been kind and giving under the most difficult situations and the great sense of humor is a gift.  I even looked up the picture of the precious little squirrel who was so profound, but his main concern was the Buddha hat!  I made a copy of it to remind myself to always have a sense of humor as well as kindness in our lives even when the challenges are immense.

Our journeys are priceless...there is always something to learn. 

love & light to you

@phoenixbrd   Love and light to you as well. Heart

I'm glad you are embarking on a journey you are excited about.  It's good to feel energized by a new beginning. Smiley Happy

I will purchase a live trap if I find that it is legal and in their best interests to relocate the squirrels.  This neighborhood has a lot of squirrels, and I worry they won't be able to find a tree here before being eaten by predators.

Thank you so much for your kindness. Heart   I believe the picture you are talking about is this one:

Image result for buddha squirrel

Smiley Very HappyHeart

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel   That's it!  Makes me happy...love that little guy!