Respected Contributor

I just got my Foodi, not from QVC, a smaller one, and I am hoping someone can help.  I just "tried" the toast function, without adding bread, per the instructions.  Time and temp shows and when the time is finished, the unit stays on -- you can hear a fan running and it takes longer than a few minutes to turn off.  I used the power button to turn the unit off, but it still runs.  I really think the unit may be defective, but if I'm doing something wrong, I know one or more of you can tell me.  Making toast shouldn't be this difficult. 

Esteemed Contributor

My guess.........fan stays on while cooling the Foodi down  When temperature has

dropped - fan stops

Respected Contributor

@fthunt I agree, but when making toast should a temp be shown, 450 degrees,and should it take over 20 minutes for the unit to cool down?

Esteemed Contributor

20 mins to cool does sound  'unusual'.   Is there a phone number in Owner's Manual that you can call  (the manufacturer)?

I've never seen a temperature for toast being displayed - but these new modern cookers might.

Trusted Contributor

@coffee drinker yes, it does that - it's cooling down. the fan runs for quite a bit. nothing to worry about. our foodi flip oven does the same thing. 

Respected Contributor

It doesn't stay on after the cooking is done, the fan runs to help cool down the Foodi.  If you are getting a temperature, you are not  turning the dial correctly.  You should be getting a number and then turn the dial to whatever number from 1-5 that you want to toast to.  If you read the directions on the booklet you get with it your Foodi you will understand it.  I just used mine this morning for the first time to toast my English muffin and I wondered why it was still running afterward.  But I realized it was cooling down.  Just read the directions very carefully.  

Respected Contributor

@luvmybeetle Believe me, I did read the booklet at least 4 times very carefully and the temp shows while using the toast function.  Called Ninja and the rep said its the temp toast toasts at and cannot be changed.  Second called to CS about the fan staying such a long time and that's for the unit to cool down.  Makes sense now.