Honored Contributor

Re: Food Taking A Long Time To Ship

I had a similar problem with a Sweet Endings coconut cake that was to have shipped the wee of 12/8. It never got shipped until Tuesday of the following week…..and it took several e-mails to get that to happen. (Other than that, the cake was SCRUMPTIOUS!!!!! And worth every penny!).

Honored Contributor

Food ships quickly, but they don't ship late in the week, over the weekend, or during a holiday week where it would be held up.

The ETA of Jan 8 sounds about right. It will ship on Mon or Tues and you will get it Wed or Thurs (Jan 7 or 8). Dec 28 was just Sunday and this was another holiday week.

I'd be willing to bet THAT is why you got an ETA of Jan 8. They are really good about only shipping perishable food orders early in the week so that it doesn't have to sit somewhere over a weekend or a holiday. Since they usually give a Thursday as an ETA, this week wouldn't have worked since Thurs was a holiday.

Honored Contributor

On 1/3/2015 Krimpette said:

I had a similar problem with a Sweet Endings coconut cake that was to have shipped the wee of 12/8. It never got shipped until Tuesday of the following week…..and it took several e-mails to get that to happen. (Other than that, the cake was SCRUMPTIOUS!!!!! And worth every penny!).

Great cake, eh? Smiley Happy I love coconut and this one was nice. I had it a while back. I ate cake every day. So bad! I had planned to freeze and vacuum seal some pieces so I'd have it for a while but - well, that never happened. *hanging head in shame*

Esteemed Contributor

It is now Jan 6 and no wine as yet Ordered on Dec 23

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm the OP. I got an e-mail today that my potstickers ordered Dec. 28 just shipped. I hope you get your wine soon.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau