Honored Contributor

Just got a new Food Saver and haven't had one for a while. Where is the best place to buy the rolls or the bags? Thanks.

Honored Contributor

I find good prices at Amazon a lot.

BTW, if you like to purchase good quality bags and bag material, but for less, the Weston brand is excellent. Aside from being good quality AND cheaper, they also still make the 6" rolls. Foodsaver stopped making the 6" rolls and I was really bummed until I found that Weston still makes them (also purchased at Amazon).

If I find an exceptionally good price on Foodsaver brand bags/rolls, I still will buy them but the Weston brand is always less expensive anymore.

I use 6", 8", and 11", both pre-cut and rolls but I rather prefer rolls. I only go for the lower prices as long as it is good quality. Otherwise I'd rather pay more. Once I discovered Weston brand, I never looked back.

HTH Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor
Walmart also carries them.
~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Respected Contributor

I generally buy them at Costco. They're about the same price everywhere. I really like their new portion pouches. It's a 11'' roll that you can tear in half.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor
On 5/20/2014 chickenbutt said:

BTW, if you like to purchase good quality bags and bag material, but for less, the Weston brand is excellent. Aside from being good quality AND cheaper, they also still make the 6" rolls. Foodsaver stopped making the 6" rolls and I was really bummed until I found that Weston still makes them (also purchased at Amazon).

If I find an exceptionally good price on Foodsaver brand bags/rolls, I still will buy them but the Weston brand is always less expensive anymore.

I use 6", 8", and 11", both pre-cut and rolls but I rather prefer rolls. I only go for the lower prices as long as it is good quality. Otherwise I'd rather pay more. Once I discovered Weston brand, I never looked back.

HTH Smiley Happy

Are the weston bags boilable?

~~
Honored Contributor
On 5/20/2014 chickenbutt said:

HTH Smiley Happy

Thanks for this info. I always buy my bag rolls at Sam's Club because it is convenient and the packs are huge. I thought I had heard that the smaller size had been discontinued, and I'm not excited about that.

I will check into the Weston brand, as I'm always looking for a top line product for less money, and the brand name means nothing to me if a good substitute is out there.

Honored Contributor

I believe there is a coupon this month at Costco on the FoodSaver rolls and bag kit. That's what I usually get. I have been using mason jars a lot more, so I only use the bags for portioned meals.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor
On 5/21/2014 VaBelle35 said:

I believe there is a coupon this month at Costco on the FoodSaver rolls and bag kit. That's what I usually get. I have been using mason jars a lot more, so I only use the bags for portioned meals.

That's me too with the jars, I've been collecting 1/2 gallon jars for years. I did find out you can order them from Ace Hardware online and get free store delivery.

I like the bags for things I freeze and for reheating meat, I think they were made for tamales, just toss them in simmering water and you don't lose the texture of the meat or masa.

~~
Valued Contributor

Amazon.

Contributor

Target has them too. I just bought some that were marked down a couple dollars, but I should have checked Costco since I have a membership there. I'm sure the warehouse clubs have a better price.