Not applicable

There is usually some really good deals at the Food Saver dot com website too! They send great coupons and you can buy in bulk and save a lot (which is great).

Honored Contributor
On 5/20/2014 debc said:
On 5/20/2014 chickenbutt said:

I find good prices at Amazon a lot.

BTW, if you like to purchase good quality bags and bag material, but for less, the Weston brand is excellent. Aside from being good quality AND cheaper, they also still make the 6" rolls. Foodsaver stopped making the 6" rolls and I was really bummed until I found that Weston still makes them (also purchased at Amazon).

If I find an exceptionally good price on Foodsaver brand bags/rolls, I still will buy them but the Weston brand is always less expensive anymore.

I use 6", 8", and 11", both pre-cut and rolls but I rather prefer rolls. I only go for the lower prices as long as it is good quality. Otherwise I'd rather pay more. Once I discovered Weston brand, I never looked back.

HTH Smiley Happy

Are the weston bags boilable?

Deb - Apparently so. I don't do this, but I went to Amazon and looked them up. It DID say that you can boil in them.

They are 2ply, 3mil heavy-duty bags/rolls. I would go so far as to say that they are even nicer quality than the FS bags I have gotten lately. Seems the FS bags have gotten thinner. They are still better than generic bags, IMO, but thinner. I probably buy 80-90% Weston brand bags now.

Honored Contributor
On 5/21/2014 mominohio said:

BTW, if you like to purchase good quality bags and bag material, but for less, the Weston brand is excellent. Aside from being good quality AND cheaper, they also still make the 6" rolls. Foodsaver stopped making the 6" rolls and I was really bummed until I found that Weston still makes them (also purchased at Amazon).

If I find an exceptionally good price on Foodsaver brand bags/rolls, I still will buy them but the Weston brand is always less expensive anymore.

I use 6", 8", and 11", both pre-cut and rolls but I rather prefer rolls. I only go for the lower prices as long as it is good quality. Otherwise I'd rather pay more. Once I discovered Weston brand, I never looked back.

HTH Smiley Happy

Thanks for this info. I always buy my bag rolls at Sam's Club because it is convenient and the packs are huge. I thought I had heard that the smaller size had been discontinued, and I'm not excited about that.

I will check into the Weston brand, as I'm always looking for a top line product for less money, and the brand name means nothing to me if a good substitute is out there.

Thanks -- I will check into the Weston brand too. Don't have Sam's Club here. I buy a lot of items from Amazon so that will work for me.

Respected Contributor
On 5/21/2014 chickenbutt said:
On 5/20/2014 debc said:

HTH Smiley Happy

Are the weston bags boilable?

Deb - Apparently so. I don't do this, but I went to Amazon and looked them up. It DID say that you can boil in them.

They are 2ply, 3mil heavy-duty bags/rolls. I would go so far as to say that they are even nicer quality than the FS bags I have gotten lately. Seems the FS bags have gotten thinner. They are still better than generic bags, IMO, but thinner. I probably buy 80-90% Weston brand bags now.

Thanks I went and ordered a couple 11'' rolls. Should last me forever since I mostly use jars.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*