Contributor

What is happening with all the food presented in these 2-4 hour shows?  Used to be the crew would chow down, but that's not the case.  With so many Americans out of work, can't pay bills or feed their families, it seems to be unkind to prepare such a large amount of the products they are attempting to sell.  Not a good image.

Honored Contributor

The food demoed on QVC sells thousands of dollars of these products, providing jobs for countless worker at companies that make it.  Does that seem unkind?  Don't worry about it; it's being sacrificed for a good cause.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Buster56 wrote:

What is happening with all the food presented in these 2-4 hour shows?  Used to be the crew would chow down, but that's not the case.  With so many Americans out of work, can't pay bills or feed their families, it seems to be unkind to prepare such a large amount of the products they are attempting to sell.  Not a good image.

I agree with you 100% when you see the food lines on the news and hear about the unemployment numbers I think to show the way these food shows have been  since  the PANDEMICIs outrageous a BIG WASTE of food ,being cut up,smelling it and stretching it and drooling over the items.

Think viewers would  understand during this Pandemic why a smaller amount of food item is being used.

To add to this:

I really don't understand if it is safe in most states  to sit in a restaurant or order take out from all kinds of food establishments why is the  Q acting this way when they say all the people behind the scene are wearing masks.

Trusted Contributor

Don't watch food shows when Alberti is on....they don't have to display so much food...and after they sniffed it and touched it who wants it...a smaller display would suffice...I save a lot of money by not watching food shows at all...thanks QVC

I can buy locally or make it myself...

Esteemed Contributor

Pandemic or not I hate to see such a waste of food. They could easily have one full presentation and replay the clip in subsequent offerings.  This is very expensive food , and I cringe when they show lobster tails, prime rib over and over, horrible waste. I'm sure the vendor supplies the food so it costs Q nothing.  Besides the way they pinch, squeeze, mash the food while euphorically gushing over it makes me change the channel. 

Honored Contributor

I read essentially this same thread month after month, year after year.

And then I see posters who cruise, posters who eat at local buffets, vacation in Vegas or Atlantic City, posters who love to shop Wegman's, people who shop Shop-Rite or Stop & Shop or at favorite local gourmet shops  Thousands of us eat every week in local restaurants.    How much food do you suppose each of those kinds of establishments has to discard every week?

And what about all the food shows, all the chef contests -  where's all that food go?

Even in the millions of kitchens all across the country, there's waste every day.  Sometimes it's just a few tablespoons, but as careful as I am about how much I buy and how I plan so most gets used, I wouldn't want to know what percentage of waste a food scientist would tell me I discard!

I like @Kachina624 's idea -  however we buy food and then use it, somewhere along the line from farm workers to supermarket employees to cooks and beyond, we're providing jobs.

Trusted Contributor

@Buster56 wrote:

@Buster56 

Not unkind.  

With Covid, would you want to eat the prepared  food that has been on set for hours and has been touched, breathed on, or handled by so many people? 🤔

JMO

Trusted Contributor

Food shows are disgusting.  By the time they attempt to cut a roast and destroy it, and smash everything they can, who wants it?   It is too overpriced anyway.  Gross.