Honored Contributor

Follow Up to Hsn gadget thread

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Kitchen/HSN-gadget/td-p/4437689

Oh man! I love that gadget ! Took me a few minutes to figure out how to assemble it, then, I sliced potatoes in it and it did a great job then I made

potato chips in my nordic wear dutch oven using veg. oil.

That's a keeper. Chips were thin and crispy and I couldn't peel potatoes fast enough to feed hubbo. He even said "taste like my mother's " I almost collapsed on the floor. His mother was the only one who could do anything you know.

Anyway, as a follow up don't be on the fence if they come back in stock buy this gadget and the base sits real secure I had hubbo try to move it off the granite block and he said "that's not going no where" secure base.

5 stars and a high 5 on that gadget !

Honored Contributor

Re: Follow Up to Hsn gadget thread

Oh hurray!! I just got mine today and is all washed and ready to test drive it tonight. Even bought a huge block of cheese to use it for Smiley Very Happy will report back soon!!!

Respected Contributor

@SharkE

Had to laugh at your statement that could   apply to many of us---only a husband's  mom could do everything and anything right in the kitchen.

I'm married to a fellow whose mother (who died when he was quite young) was featured in a full-color magazine,  with photos showing her, the kids and husband in her "brand new ultra-modern kitchen".  It was  published by the Atlanta metro newspaper ,proclaiming her as "one of the best cooks in Georgia".   

It's a good thing my husband was too young  to remember much about her cooking  or I would never dare serve that guy anything!

Frequent Contributor

Thanks sharke. I bought a red brand new on "the bay" for $40.00 & free shipping. 

Honored Contributor

You'll love it !  I got to go back over to HSN and watch the full length

presentation again. Just send you a assemble booklet takes few minutes once you get the hang of it. When your done you can wash the stainless

steel blades under the faucet. Easy to assemble, clean and so far just

used the slicer blade.

Gotta buy more potatoes. LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tip:

When slicing potatoes apply little bit of pressure use the guard that came with it lot of water comes out of the potatoes.  After you peel the potatoes and run under water, dry 'em off good, put in chute and press down with

the guard makes a better cut instead of just a feeble feed thru.

You'll learn how to apply the best pressure for the best result.

I notice Lay's potato chips on the bag say they use peanut oil guess that's

OK, but, so expensive I just use veg. oil

Stainless steel blades are sharp don't let kids handle them they can

turn the handle,just don't let them mess with the slicing cutter.

Live presentation in left hand corner box

https://www.hsn.com/products/chopped-speed-grater-and-slicer/8448311?query=561-993&isSuggested=false

Frequent Contributor

Awesome, thanks.