Honored Contributor

Cook's Companion open top mixer

Marked down on Evine today if anyone is interested.

More lightweight than KA, not saying it's better, just saying

Frequent Contributor

Re: Cook's Companion open top mixer

I bought on of those mixers from Evine because of the price compared to a KA plus I don't have room to store a KA.  I always wanted a KA mixer but never in budget when I was younger and like I said, no room now to store (I did buy my daughter a KA).  The first thing I made with this open top mixer was Choc Chip cookies to see the power of the mixer.  Completely satisified as to how it mixed the ingredients without any struggle (saved my arm..lol).

I use my KA hand mixer for cake mixes, mashed potatoes, etc. but when it comes to a heavy batter, the Cook's Companion comes out.  It was a good buy. 

Honored Contributor

I have one and it's great.  I never wanted a bulky KA  as too cumbersome to handle and use but this one is the best.  It has the scraper attachment attached with the paddles and never a need to stop and scrape.  I can pick it up with one hand and it has suction cups on the bottom to keep it stable - plus it is higher wattage than the KA.

Honored Contributor

I'll never know because UPS said they delivered it to my front door on Wednesday and I have yet to see it.

So now I have that hassle.

This is why I rarely purchase anything by mail order.

It's just too much of a hassle with tracking & waiting and loosing.

For large items, this is common, for small items that fit in my rural route mailbox at the street, the odds are in my favor.

Honored Contributor

My thought is this takes up too much counter space.  My KA stays out.  This isn't a better mouse trap.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@softwarewrote:

I'll never know because UPS said they delivered it to my front door on Wednesday and I have yet to see it.

So now I have that hassle.

This is why I rarely purchase anything by mail order.

It's just too much of a hassle with tracking & waiting and loosing.

For large items, this is common, for small items that fit in my rural route mailbox at the street, the odds are in my favor.

Porch pirates must had gotten it

@software

Respected Contributor

@depglasswrote:

My thought is this takes up too much counter space.  My KA stays out.  This isn't a better mouse trap.  

Instead of the longer rectangular profile of the KA, the CC one is more square.  They both take up about the same space.  It really comes down to preference.  I like the weight of the CC and since I don't leave mine out, it is easier to take in and out.  While at my grandmother's for Christmas, I had to get her's out of her closet at waist height.  Her KA is the largest one they make with the bowl that raises and lowers.  That thing was a big PIA to get out.  It was somewhat tucked back in that closet/pantry, but it fell forwards and left a HUGE bruise on me.  I can't imagine my 81-year-old GM getting that thing out or it bumping into her paper-thin skin that tears frequently.  Admittedly, she doesn't use it frequently now.  Mainly a few times a year, and then her younger husband gets it out for her.  Thank God for Richard being a good 15 years young.  Remember ladies, when you go for your next husband....GET A YOUNGER ONE!  That way they can do all the lifting and carrying of heavy things!

Honored Contributor

My 2 doors down neighbor found it at his front door, which he doesn't use.   He lives on the corner and their front door faces my street, but they use their back door, access from the side street.

He delivered it to me Saturday.

I notified UPS but I'm not going to follow up on any kind of claim, not even going to tell them I have it.   No consequences for the driver.    UPS doesn't care, they believe it's acceptable to run around the neighborhood, looking for your packages.

@SharkE

Honored Contributor

The footprint of the CC mixer is a bit smaller and it tucks under my upper cabinets.

The CC mixer also comes with all the attachments I will ever use.

@depglass

Regular Contributor

Visally speaking it looks like a larger footprint than my K.A. mixer. I'll freely admit that my interest is absent but I can tell you if I were interested, poor demonstrations don't help. In other words when the cooking lady says things stay put in the bowl yet when she makes something (cough cough chicken salad) and turns it on and the ingredients shoot onto the table, not good.