Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi, in the market for a pressure cooker. Any suggestions what the best brand to purchase is. Maybe a 3 qt to 6 qt size? Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

I know Ninja Foodis get rave reviews but think they only come in 6 or 8 qt sizes, not smaller. They pressure cook and they air fry as well as slow cook, sauté etc.. I don't have one. I have a 6qt Instant Pot Duo Plus and love it. It does not have the air fry feature but I bought the separate air fryer lid for it and it's fantastic. It has a slow cook feature but I've never used it, and have read it's not as good as a slow cooker. The yogurt button is awesome. So it depends on what you want to do and how much you want to prepare. A meal at a time, or leftovers, etc.

Honestly if you're looking at a 3 or 6 qt size I'd skip the 8 qt but definitely get the 6 and would not go smaller. You can make less in a larger pot but not more in a smaller pot. And you only fill 2/3 if you're pressure cooking, so you're not cooking 6 quarts of food!

Respected Contributor

Nesco has a great pressure cooker and you can use a 20% coupon from Bed, Bath & Beyond.  Cuisinart also has a great one.

Respected Contributor

I've had several electric pressure cookers over the last decade.  I started with a Cook's Essentials model from QVC, replaced it with a Cuisinart from Costco when it died, got a second Cuisinart when the first one died, then got an 8+ quart Cook's Essentials from QVC again when it was a TSV.  The first time the Q offered a Ninja Foodi combo TSV I ordered it, but have kept the large CE in the closet in case the Foodi dies.  I don't ever want to be wihout a pressure cooker for the rest of my life!  The mode of failure of all my older models was the heating element dying, but none of the models I have bought have been so expensive that losing them after a year or three is not catastrophic.  Hope this helps, @1diy 

Honored Contributor

@1diy 

I am new to pressure cooking, but I got a 6 quart Instant Pot and I've been using it a lot!

Honored Contributor

Ninja Foodi

Bake, pressure cook all in same pot. Check Bed and Bath , free shp, and 20% off coupon.  Can check in here, too, but, usually higher when they're not running a sale.

Do lots more in a Ninja Foodi, but, I use mine for air crisping, bake and pressure cook

Respected Contributor

I currently have two Cook's Essentials pressure cookers. A 4 qt and a 6 qt. The oldest one is 16 years old and the newest is 8 years old. I use them all the time.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for all your replies, it really helped. I think I will check out Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

Honored Contributor

I have had pressure cookers for 30 years, both stovetop and electric.  I have had Presto, Cooks Essentials, Cuisinart, ******or, Fissler (the only stove top I'd buy), and maybe another one I can't remember.

The Instant Pot is the only one I have loved.  And we use them all the time.  We have a 3 qt. we use a lot for small batches and a 6 qt as well we use regularly.  I have the Duo 9 in one and the Evo that has the handles on the pot.  The Evo is far better because it releases steam better and the handles onthe pot are wonderful.

I simply wouldn't buy any other brand of pressure cooker because they are easy to use, reliable and not a lot of junk to store with them, and aren't clunky and heavy. 

Super Contributor

Good to know to look for handles.