Trusted Contributor

For me, the most time-consuming part of making potato salad was boiling the potatoes and eggs. Now, I do them both at the same time, in my electric pressure cooker. Peel potatoes, cut them in half, long ways. Put the eggs and potatoes in basket. Add about 2 cups of seasoned water, (garlic powder, bouillon, etc). I always add a little oil in the water-about a teaspoon. Set it on the lowest PSI setting, (usually the vegetable setting) X 5 minutes. Use the quick-release method-remove basket and rinse eggs/potatoes with cold water to stop cooking. The eggs come out with a pretty yellow yolk and the potatoes are not soggy.

Respected Contributor

That would save a lot of time. Good tip!

Honored Contributor

The egg shells don't crack?

Respected Contributor

I have always boiled my potatoes and eggs together. However, I do not have a pressure cooker. I just end up taking the eggs out sooner.

Trusted Contributor

The eggs do not crack, in fact, they are so easy to peel after being in the PC. I made potato salad this morning using this method. Adding the seasoning to the PC water gives the potatoes a great flavor.

Regular Contributor

Just curious......what kind of a pressure cooker are you using? Is it a top of the stove type or one of the electric or electronic ones with various selections for veggies, meat, etc.? Would really like to know! TIA

Trusted Contributor

This one that I used today is an 8 qt. electric pressure cooker. It does have various settings for meat/rice/vegetables, etc. If you have a stovetop model that has only one weight, (it controls the PSI) you could maybe decrease the time. Make sure you use firm potatoes and cut them as I described or they will come out too soft, (back-up plan would be mashed potatoes-DH would rather have the mashed instead of potato salad! ).

Super Contributor

What great tips you've shared, lacey1. One thing about taters, we love them in our house no matter how I use them. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}