Respected Contributor

Excellent Cookbook for Perfect Cooker or Rice Cooker

[ Edited ]

I have this book and it has all kinds of recipes not just rice. HSN has it but they sell them online also. I bought this for my Skinny Mini cooker but it works perfect for the Perfect Cooker on QVC also. It has directions for 1.3, cup, 3 cup and 5 cup cookers. You will not be disappointed. Times will have to be adjusted.

Easy to follow and photos on every recipe. Smiley Happyimage.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: Excellent Cookbook for Perfect Cooker or Rice Cooker

I can't recommend it highly enough! 

Trusted Contributor

What a good idea to post info about this great book.  I have this book and just love it...so many good and easy things come from this books a quick cooker (any brand).  It is a good investment.  I think there are many of us on here who will argree with @MKR14.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Trusted Contributor

I love that cookbook and posted the banan bread recipe from there. The only thing we need to do with the new cooker is figure out the timing since we can set it in advance and not have to adjust for the stopping and resetting. The banana bread took about 25 minutes for the small cooker (page 37).

Respected Contributor

This is the cookbook I also have. Good investment for anyone with a slow cooker.
Contributor

MKR NY.......thanks for the heads up on the rice cooker recipes cookbook.  I just ordered it from HSN and even got free shipping........what a deal, huh?  Thanks again.

Respected Contributor

You are welcome. Some of the best advice comes from people here in the Kitchen forum. That is how I learned last year about it. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I have this cook book and will be recipes in my Wonder Pot when it arrives.  Will just double the 5 cup amounts.  Should work.

Expecting the wonder pot by the end of the week.  Can't wait.

Esteemed Contributor

I got this cookbook when I purchased my small WP cooker.  I now also have the Q's Perfect Cooker and am awaiting arrival of the Wonder Pot.   This one book will cover all three sizes.

After reading the posts about the timing problems with the Perfect Cooker and having to turn breads and such over during the cooking process I am really looking forward to receiving the more powerful (500w compared to the Perfect Cooker's 250w for a larger capacity) Wonder Pot.  According to the recipes not even breads or cakes will have to be turned over.  A big plus for me.

I was surprised that the maximum temperature of Q's Perfect Cooker is 219 degrees and that is in rice mode.  Cook mode only reaches 203 degrees.  No wonder everything takes so long.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Super Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

I have this book and it has all kinds of recipes not just rice. HSN has it but they sell them online also. I bought this for my Skinny Mini cooker but it works perfect for the Perfect Cooker on QVC also. It has directions for 1.3, cup, 3 cup and 5 cup cookers. You will not be disappointed. Times will have to be adjusted.

Easy to follow and photos on every recipe. Smiley Happyimage.jpeg

@MKR14  I agree.  I have that book, and a couple others about rice cookers.  Online cooking videos and just plain experimenting works great as well.  This cookbook is a great starting point and inspiration for these cookers.  I have several sizes of rice cookers, and use this book often for ideas for all of them.