Trusted Contributor

YouTube real-ife review of Copper Chef pan

Here's Noreen's take on this pan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHE-uEkVBy4

Trusted Contributor

Re: YouTube real-ife review of Copper Chef pan

My ceramic pans did that as well, when they were new.  I wonder how this pan demonstration would go after a few months of daily use.

Respected Contributor

Well, I sure love mine!

Trusted Contributor

How long have you had the pan?  Have you used a dry pan to brown sliced onions?  What have you done in that pan?  I'm curious.

Honored Contributor

The woman in the link video seemed to like the pan pretty well; however if you read the reviews on Amazon, most say it performs well for the first few uses then starts to stick and the finish rubs off.  There are hundreds of reviews but many appear to be "suspect".  Many also said the pan is much smaller and thinner than it appears on the infomercials.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Kachina - thank you so much for that information.  I'm not surprised, sadly.  I have word from an 'experienced engineer' that believes those pans have a coating of ceramic and copper combined.  So the decline of the non-stick coating would be very similar to the ceramic and other coated pans I already have.  When heat is applied time after time, degradation will be evidenced quickly .  

Esteemed Contributor

The demo she did with the egg and cheese wasn't anything like what Chef Tony did...his eggs were sliding all over that pan...he didn't use any spatula to lift the egg and then hers were a mess...I wouldn't serve eggs to anyone as sloppy as hers came out...same with the slice of cheese...she had to prod it along...unlike when Chef Tony did...

So my question is...did Chef Tony use something on the pans to make it slide all over the place....everything he demoed slid out...

Trusted Contributor

Circles -- a very good question indeed.  I wonder if there is anything on the towel they use to 'wipe the pan clean'???  I'm just throwing that out there.  I would have liked to see him brown onion slices alone in a dry pan, that's when my pans go haywire.  My DH has done some research in a lab on this kind of stuff and they have not found a good solution.  I am naturally skeptical about these kinds of products. - MO

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I cannot speak for anyone but me, but I find it HUGE..it holds way more than I thought it would...As far as thin, Yes it is not thick any heavy..like my Le Creuset...it is very easy to pick up for me..My Le creuset is getting increasingly difficult to lift easly, another reason  love the helper handle on this pan.

I have had mine for about 2 months, and have done everything but deep fry in it..steams like a dream, browns up meat and meatballs, sears, cooks low and slow on my induction burner..great for simmering, making candy....sure doesnt seem thin in any of these appllications..

Heats very evenly, no hotspots, and wipes clean, (but then so do my flip pans and other ceramics..) Like I would EVER  only wipe something out and put it away!

No, I have never tried to brown onions without oil, and I probably never will..I like to caramelize onions with a dab of fat ...always do it that way... 

Maybe it will fail to perform in the future,  who knows, but up till now, I really like it, and it performs as advertised..didnt buy it from Chef Tony though, didnt know he advertised it..I bought mine on ITKWD from Eric Theiss,,

Honored Contributor

I would suggest reading the reviews on Amazon before buying this pan.  They sure stopped me in my tracks.  It's expensive and the results are dubious.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment