Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee   OK, thanks.  I like 100% Columbian coffee because it tends to be less irritating to my stomach.  I think it's kind of a medium roast, but it's interesting to know that the longer roasting tends to destroy the nutrients.  It makes sense, but I just never thought about it before.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

DH would be better off drinking Espresso since he likes his coffee strong. He makes his coffee with 1 tablespoon coffee per each cup of water he uses.

I like to add espresso powder to hot chocolate. I also use it sometimes when baking with chocolate like a pan of brownies. YUM!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Espresso and coffee taste very different. Espresso is like dessert and coffee is just a drink.  

Respected Contributor

i here you there. i allways thought expresso was alot stronger to. my inlaws are from italy. mil and fil mostly only drinks expresso. mil once in a great while if where going to dunkin will ask for a hot coffee.but my wife never has expresso. i tried it a couple times but i dont even like strong american coffee.  i allways tell my mil that when shes making making expresso it has a much better smell of coffee than when i brew american coffee.

Respected Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Espresso and coffee taste very different. Espresso is like dessert and coffee is just a drink.  

It depends on how much sugar you put in it. With no sugar, espresso and dark roast have similar tastes.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor
I'm on the waitlist for a Nespresso from the Big QVC2 deal. I do pray I get it as it is an excellent price and value otherwise, I'll go with Amazon. I'm trying to be patient to let it get filled. I do have a stovetop espresso maker I use until then, a Ninja coffee bar, a Keurig, a milk frother, an Aeropress, a French press, a stovetop percolator and a ceramic old school electric percolator with a cloth covered cord (I got this baby from ebay just so I could get ceramic). I think I have a thing for coffee. I'm a totally black coffee drinker without sugar or milk for my morning coffee but I will jazz it up a bit with milk foam or flavored dairy creamers from time to time, but still no sugar as those creamers have plenty of sugar in them. I also prefer a dark roast like Sumatran.