Respected Contributor

WHY do you drink Espresso instead of coffee?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

Because coffee is weak and watery and bitter and there is a whole bunch of it that I don't want to drink.  An espresso is small, bright, has some real flavor and body, and is gone in a few sips.

The only coffee I would ever drink is in the summer a very dark rich brew with milk and ice in it for a good iced coffee.

LOVE espresso, can't take coffee.

Honored Contributor

@RinaRina -

That's an interesting question.

I usually drink strong coffee, but when I go to Barnes and Noble for example, I always order-

2 shots expresso with skim milk foam.

It is like an injection of caffeine instead of just drinking itSmiley HappyWoman Happy

And it has a very distinctive taste.

Image result for [pictures of espresso

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Why not?  I love my coffee but expresso is too strong for me.  The expresso drinkers I know don't drink expresso exclusively.  They enjoy it occassionaly, the same way I sometimes skip my coffee and have cup of tea.

Respected Contributor

Espresso is coffee!!! The beans are roasted darker to provide a deeper and richer flavor. The interesting thing is that the roasting removes some of the caffeine so espresso has less than lighter brews.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

Hmm ... that's interesting.

I thought espresso had MORE caffeine.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

Espresso is coffee!!! The beans are roasted darker to provide a deeper and richer flavor. The interesting thing is that the roasting removes some of the caffeine so espresso has less than lighter brews.

Thank you. I didn't know this.  I gave up coffee a couple of years ago, because the caffeine wasn't good for me, but my favorite little treat is a caramel latte from SB at the end of a particulary tough work day.  It is my understanding that lattes are made with espresso.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Espresso vs. Coffee

[ Edited ]

Green coffee (unroasted beans) has the most phytonutrient/antioxidant value of all coffee types. The darker the roast means that the beans are more heated and heat destroys its nutritional value. Green coffee enhances weight loss because it contains a good deal of slow-release caffeine (and some other metabolism boosters) which is also destroyed in the roasting process.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee   Interesting info on coffee.  I never heard of green (unroasted coffee).  Do you drink it?  If so, what is it like.  I do enjoy a hearty cup of coffee.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@SilleeMee   Interesting info on coffee.  I never heard of green (unroasted coffee).  Do you drink it?  If so, what is it like.  I do enjoy a hearty cup of coffee.

@2blonde 

I tried green coffee once. It's not anything like roasted coffee at all. Green coffee has a nutty flavor with a noticeable bitterness...nothing really to compare it with. I don't buy it but I do buy a light roast coffee which I prefer. Lighter roasts don't have that 'burnt' taste you often get with dark roasts.