Respected Contributor

Electric outlet Color Choices

I could use some advice. Contractor asked what color I want for outlets in backsplash. I guess I thought tile would be cut out. Tile is a grey/beige. Counter is white with beige and grey marbling. Thanks
Valued Contributor

Re: Electric outlet Color Choices

I'd match the outlet color as close to the backsplash.

Outlets can stick out like a sore thumb when they don't blend in to the background,

be it a wall or backsplash.

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Esteemed Contributor

mine are white

Respected Contributor

@Twins Mom  They make stainless steel which is what I have, my backsplash is gray glass.  Look online to see more choices....don’t rush into this.

Honored Contributor

@Twins Mom wrote:
I could use some advice. Contractor asked what color I want for outlets in backsplash. I guess I thought tile would be cut out. Tile is a grey/beige. Counter is white with beige and grey marbling. Thanks

I'm not sure what you mean "I thought the tile would be cut out" 

Are you talking about the actual outlet or the outlet covers?

I would choose something to blend in with the immediate surroundings but don't stress over it, they are easy to change out if you don't like it.

Respected Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

@Twins Mom  They make stainless steel which is what I have, my backsplash is gray glass.  Look online to see more choices....don’t rush into this.

Mine are stainless also.  They match everything.

Respected Contributor

I was researching this at one time and I saw places that would cut custom outlet covers if you sent them some of your backsplash tile. Wasn't terribly expensive.