Trusted Contributor

Is there an electric kettle/tea pot that you use/love? Looking for suggestions for one. Don't want plastic (I've heard horror stories about them) so glass or stainless. This is a gift for someone who ONLY drinks coffee and wants an electric and NOT one for the stovetop.

Thank you!

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

Re: Electric Kettle for tea.

We have had several electric kettles--cheap ane expensive--and they have worked great.

We now have a Zojirushi Water Boiler because we make tea several times a day.  If any one uses hot water during the day several times, they are great!  Also will be on sale on Prime Day!

Good luck with the kettle--it's pretty much what features do you need and the look you like!  

Honored Contributor

I have a water boiler as well it's the best

Honored Contributor

i have an electric samovar for hot water or tea......love it and it is great for parties and guests. not really sure of the brand name, but i picked it up at a middle eastern store.

for every day use i have a SMEG water kettle and a DASH. they are both good, but the DASH is definitely more affordable than the SMEG. they have automatic shut offs which i like.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

Just replaced mine. We went with the Cuisinart electric water kettle.

It is very nice. Check out reviews on" The Wirecutter"