Trusted Contributor

presenting David's new cookbook

I have seen a few of these presentations and most were professional and appropriate.  David, as a senior host and vendor to his cookbook allows other hosts to assist in his presentation of his own cookbook.   Most are respectful of David and give him the roll of vendor in the presentation.   Mary did a beautiful job.

But, the other day, Mary Beth was presenting the cookbook with David and they were doing an excellent job.   All of a sudden Rachael yells out above David and Mary Beth that she is "hungry".   She not only interrupts them once but TWICE with this same childish play for attention.   It was horrible and very insulting to both David and Mary Beth.   It was NOT her presentation and her hissy fit was disgraceful.   It was embarrassing and unprofessional.

Valued Contributor

Re: presenting David's new cookbook

I agree, it was strange. I thought Rachel was talking without knowing the mic was on.

Honored Contributor

Especially at the 9:34 point in the video that's still up for the cookbook.  Rachel was talking over David.  She said she was ordering pizza via Siri on her Apple watch -- the whole thing was just bizarre!  She was saying David was making her hungry so she had to order a pizza.  But I don't buy it.  It was a total interruption and so out of context while he was talking. She started out by saying if there was Google on her watch, then went on about pizza.  

Weird.  

Respected Contributor

The incessant talking over each other (one-upmanship) between Rachael and Alberti is why I never, EVER watch the food shows anymore...not to mention the squealing, screeching, and gasping that seems to be a constant theme. Poor Mary Beth...not a good pairing at all. Woman Frustrated  

Respected Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

The incessant talking over each other (one-upmanship) between Rachael and Alberti is why I never, EVER watch the food shows anymore...not to mention the squealing, screeching, and gasping that seems to be a constant theme. Poor Mary Beth...not a good pairing at all. Woman Frustrated  

@pupwhipped   Bingo--Rachel and Alberti hosting together on  food shows is like unleashing two immature juveniles giggling, gasping, and screeching on a food playground!  Will not watch!