Honored Contributor

$70 for 12 Rice Krispy Treats? Really?

The ingredients are not expensive at all.

Search for the brand here, the prices for these are outrageous IMO.

Creative Crispies 12-Piece July 4th Flag Treats - QVC.com

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Re: $70 for 12 Rice Krispy Treats? Really?

It's not something I would buy but guess they feel the decorating counts for the price. I'm pretty frugal but I do know some people who would jump at these for their grands or any kids as a special treat for 4th of July, no matter the cost. I like rice krispy treats and now want to make them, not sure I would want them iced...but would at least try one, just a little tiny bite Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom   Two quotes come to mind......

Capitalism at its finest

And/or

There's a sucker born every minute.

I prefer to make my own anyway.  That was half the fun with my kids   But if you really don't want to bother, one can just buy them already made by Kelloggs for a fraction of that price.

Snap, Crackle, Pop for sure......$$$$ 🇺🇸

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

That is a  totallyyyy over the top price!

I would make them myself.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

I know there are people who can well afford them and would purchase but, for myself, all I can say is Good Grief.

Honored Contributor

Anything different from the recipe that's been around for 100 years?  I still can't imagine what would make them worth that price,  but I know a few weeks ago the Wall Street Journal ran a full page story about RK treats being made by chefs.  Apparently people are willing and able to pay city dessert prices for them.

Honored Contributor

And the $70 didn't include S&H or tax.

There's one that's baby themed for $84.50 (for 12) without S&H.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Rice Krispie treats is one of the cheapest of all the desserts to make. They're also easy to be creative with- you can do all kinds of fun things with them inexpensively.

I personally would never, ever, ever, I don't care how rich I am, spend that kind of money for TWELVE Rice Krispie Treats!!

Honored Contributor

To be fair, the S&H is free; tax would depend on the individual state laws (mine would tax these as a luxury food).

I just showed this to my DH and we agreed - are they kidding?  I could buy the cereal, other ingredients including frosting, and make them myself, guaranteeing that they were fresh, not spending days in delivery.

There are some food items I like on QVC and am willing to pay for, but this wouldn't be one of them.

Esteemed Contributor

They sell Rice Krispy Treats at the grocery store. One can buy them and frost them themselves.