Valued Contributor

Eggs can change slightly depending on the time of year and what the chicken is eating. Just like with milk, it can depend on what all the dairy cows are eating. In the spring there is a lot of onion grass and other types of grass that aren't as abundant in the fall. In the winter most dairy cows have more grain due to the grass not being as prevalent. Same can go for chickens. Now, this is being said for grazing, cage-free chickens. Most of your commercial chickens are on a regulated diet that doesn't change. 

Honored Contributor

Have never cared for eggs. Never eat them.

Honored Contributor

We shop at a local Amish farm. When I want a few dozen eggs I have to wait for the little Amish girls go collect them from the hen house. That's how fresh my eggs are! Taste delicious! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I have no problem with eggs, I just don't "cook" breakfast.

I prefer something cool and slightly sweet.  Instant Breakfast works!

Honored Contributor

I must be the only person in the world that doesn't like Egglands Best eggs.

Super Contributor

I just purchased 18 eggs today from my grocery store. Included them in my online order for curbside pickup, and drove home. I had the guys place my items into two collapsible plastic crates I store in the back of my SUV. Makes it easy to carry into the house. Usually.

Well, today I get all the way home, carry the crate containing my eggs and other items into the house and....the collapsible crate collapsed! I lost 8 of the 18 eggs. They had nice bright yolks, though! I threw the crate away and am now eyeing the other one suspiciously...Note to self: in the future, carry the eggs into the house by hand.  SIGH