Honored Contributor

Count me in as another person that puts ketchup on eggs.

As long as I can remember, I always put ketchup on my scrambled eggs. I suspect I did it because my Dad ate his scrambled eggs that way. I don't remember my Mom ever using ketchup on anything.

I suspect it was because I was such a picky eater. My Dad came up with many different combinations of condiments so that I would eat vegetables or my dinner. Meal time used to be a battle, I would sit at the table until 8 PM with cold green beans still sitting on my plate.

Valued Contributor

Re: Eating Habits

[ Edited ]

Oh, I love french toast with butter, fresh sliced tomatoes, salt and pepper.

Valued Contributor

Maybe it was my German heritage.  I thoght I was the only person who butterrf my bread when I made a sandwich.  It was how I grew up!

Honored Contributor

@wilma You and I eat a lot of the same things.

I dislike hot sauce, DIL is from LA.  I guess the Mexican food is an influence in their foods.  She, DS, and our 2 GS eat a lot of Texas Pete.

Honored Contributor

I love ketchup with any type of beef; meatloaf, roast, steak, I just like the taste of it together.   I have a BIL who takes offense to anyone who eats steak with ketchup; it's fine for fries, but not red meat.   

I always put garlic and diced raw jalapeños in macaroni salad, pasta salad, cornbread salad, etc.   I like just enough spicy heat to make my tongue tingle; no HOT peppers.   

I like the food on my plate warm, not hot.  I like my drinks warm; not hot, nor cold, and I don't use ice.   

Respected Contributor

I love ketchup on eggs. For much of my life I thought everyone ate ketchup with scrambled eggs, then when I was out to breakfast with some friends as an adult I asked for ketchup from the waittress and my friends were horrified. I still do it, I like it, in fact I put ketchup on a lot of things

Respected Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg   Those two stark food colors and their consistencies together on a plate bothered me for many years until I tasted them.  I hope your brother might do that one day and find out why you like it.

The grape jelly on a sausage biscuit sandwich is really a simplified version of a Monte Christo breakfast sandwich, a blend of similar flavors enjoyed by many people for decades.  So, you are not at all peculiar.  Maybe your brother will order one of those in a nice restaurant one day and find out another way.. Then you can treat him later to your version when he learns to appreciate the blended flavors.

One can dream.  LOL