Honored Contributor

Re: Durability of Temptations ware?

Never wrote a review. I have had just 2 pieces - for at least 8 years now. They're just fine.

Just heard Tara or David say they'd sold over 10 million sets, so I think there are bound to be chips and breaks the same way my decades old Corningware has. What really bother me are the reports of pieces exploding, but that's true of some Pyrex as well as the Temptations apparently and I suppose other brands, too. That's scary.

Occasional Contributor

I have numerous pieces of TT, have had only one or two chip, and I am hard on my stuff.

Love how easily it comes clean, never has those yucky marks.

Super Contributor

I have several pieces of Temptations. I purchased the first pieces when they were first offered. One of the older square baking pieces has chipped on the edge, but I still use it because it is a wonderful baker. I don't use a dishwasher and have been careful with the TT. I still have my old Corningware and Pyrex, but they are not as good as TT, in my opinion.

Frequent Contributor

I have some temptations I was given as a gift when they first offered the polka dot pattern. I haven't had any problems but I don't use them that much to be honest. I'm just cooking for myself these days and mostly cook on the stovetop. I have never used them in the microwave and usually wash them by hand. I also have never pulled on out of the frig and put it straight into the oven. I know what Tara claims in her demos but I baby them anyways.
Not applicable

I have several sets of Temptations, they are my go to pieces, I take them from the freezer to the oven, wash them in the dishwasher and have never had a problem. I agree with previous posts no matter how good the quality of a products occasionally you can have a problem. Contact Temptations and see if they will do anything for you.

Super Contributor

My 9x13" baker has never been in a microwave. I do put it in the refrigerator sometimes but do not rewarm things in it. There is no excuse for a crack under the glaze. Since they do mass produce these dishes it is understandable that some would not be as well made as others. These dishes come straight from China and I have to guess that no one is inspecting each box. I have seen people write reviews of getting sets that the paint was all messed up on and others that say they received them already chipped or with pitting in the surface.

I wrote a good review on them after I had the set for a few weeks. My only issue was that they are hard to store and quite heavy, but that is just a personal preference thing. I sometimes don't know what to think of reviews since some people rave about things while others seem to have an opposite experience with the same product.

Frequent Contributor

I have had a 16-piece set of Temptations for several years and use them a lot. I also baby them and mostly wash them by hand. I recently made macaroni and cheese and put it in one of my Temptations and when I went to clean the baker it looked as though someone took a fork and scratched all four inside sides. I was so disappointed. But I still use it and have bought my daughter a set. I think there are more people out there with problem pieces that do not report them. My piece is too old to be covered under their 1 year warranty so what is the point. I would replace it but with shipping and handling the pieces are too expensive. Lately I've noticed that the quality has really gone down. I bought four 9x13 Temptations bakers as Christmas gifts and every one had a flaw or defect and had to be returned. The 16-piece set I bought my daughter looked as though the glaze was applied while the paint was still wet. But I guess as long as we keep buying and replacing defective pieces, Temptations and QVC will still sell them and make a fortune.

Valued Contributor

I'm thinking that pottery type things made in China are too porous, and not at "dense". I remember when Longaberger started having their pottery made in China instead of the US.

I'd had L pottery for years, and no matter what I did to them, they never broke. When I started getting L mugs, etc. that were made in China, they broke easily, so I quit buying. I've heard that they've since gone back to US made.

Occasional Contributor

To ceh: Please be careful about using any crockery that has scratches or other breaks in the glazing. Bacteria can build up, but also, the clay base of stoneware (any brand) can sometimes have a bit of lead in it. It's not harmful as long as the glaze is not compromised, but a break in the glaze may cause leaching into food. I'm not trying to upset you; I just want you to be aware.

Not applicable

After watching Tara present her product for several years, I found a set which I could afford to purchase. It consisted of two baking dishes, two "banana bread" bakers, lids, etc. I have had to call Temptations at least three times because of issues with the bakeware. First, one piece arrived cracked, then a plastic lid didn't fit, now a second plastic lid doesn't fit! The "cookie sheet" lid it broke into three pieces in the oven! Also, the "hand painting" is really not up to my expectations. I must say the people I am speaking with are very pleasant and as long as I am patient enough to wait for replacement pieces I do eventually receive them. I was told the piece I called about was "out of stock" and would be sent to me as soon as it arrived. On another call I was told to expect a "clear lid" rather than the green one which didn't fit. This has yet to arrive. As beautiful as Temptations pieces are, I don't know that I would purchase them again. I may go back to that "plain white" product which, at least, I can depend on!