Respected Contributor

Re: Duke’s Mayo

[ Edited ]

@depglass 

Dukes and Hellmann's are definitely NOT the same thing.  Different ingredients and consistency.  (I use both, depending on which is on sale.)

You might be thinking of Hellmann's vs. Best Foods, which ARE the same and made by the same company.  

Hellman's label notes that the brand is "known as Best Foods in areas west of the Rockies".

Honored Contributor

I've tried Duke's, Hellmann's, yadda, yadda. I don't notice any difference between any of them. Mayo is mayo. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@novamc1 : Thank you. I live in the south and never tried Duke's Mayo. Purchased some today and upset about the reference to Hellmann's since DH refused to eat this.

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Are not Duke's and Hellman's the exact same thing?

NO.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

I live in a Pennsylvania.  Duke's is sold everywhere here and has for years.  I buy Duke's or Hellman's...both are good.

I bought a jar of Duke's Lite by mistake while in a hurry to get out of the grocery store. I am afraid to try it.  I hate the taste of lite mayo.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Duke’s Mayo

[ Edited ]

@Carmie   I don't like any brand of light mayonnaise either.  When I purchased it, as you did, by accident I used it up little by little by using four parts of regular to one part of light to use it up.

It is a mistake I've only made once because the taste and consistency are so "off" to me.   I want flavor, and the heck with the amount of fat, calories, whatever when I am investing time and money creating meals.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Esteemed Contributor

IMO Hellman's is the best.I've tried others & nothing compares.

Honored Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

Well smack my #$$ and call me Sally! My Jewel sells a bunch of Mayo brands! Dukes - regular and light, Sir Kensington's and McCormick's (like the spice brand). And more.

I'm so focused on grabbing the Hellman's. Next time I'll take a walk on the wild side and buy Duke's ($5)

McCormicks???

Off topic here, but my favorite tea bags are McCormicks .  I used to be able to find them here, but the store that carried then went out of business.  I always look for them when we visit the southern states, but it has been missing in action for a few years.

I'll bet their Mayo is good too.

Honored Contributor

Was always a Hellman's fan, but bought Dukes awhile back. Haven't opened it yet, but am eager to try it. The Hellman's isn't what it used to be. Not sure what has changed, and possibly my taste buds, but it just doesn't taste the same as years ago.

Respected Contributor

I find that Duke's is just as good as Hellman's.