Contributor

I got my honeybell order yesterday and could not believe how sour they are! I will probably use them up by putting in smoothies. I was disappointed especially since I gifted a box to a friend who is recovering from COVID-19. I won't buy them again.

Honored Contributor

@idiotshopper 

That's a real shame. Keep in mind that QVC will do a full refund on unsatisfactory food item, with no need for you to return them.

Send an email to the Moderators at QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com with your order # and express your disappointment with this order.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Here's a hint.........wait a few days.  I haven't received my Honeybells from Hale yet; but talked to a lady there b/c I first received oranges and they (were) a little tart.  She said.....they had a spell of rain and that affected some of the early fruit.

A week later the oranges seem to have sweetened up and delicious.  Honeybells are a different variety, I know, but I expect them to react same.

Contributor

Thank you. I will wait and see if they get sweeter.

Respected Contributor

@idiotshopper, what a thought gift. Even if the honeybells weren't sweet the gesture was.

Respected Contributor

Got mine last week...they've been good. Some are sweeter than others, but none are sour. And mostly no seeds, which I'm happy about!

Call QVC...maybe they will replace them. In the past they were good about that...although, maybe it's past Honeybell time...I didn't check online before saying that. They might credit you even if you can't replace them, if you are that unhappy with them, and you tell them they are much more sour than your usual experience with them. Worth a try.

Contributor

I won't complain, I will let them sit a while on my back porch which is a good temp right now in the mid 40's. i bought the Vinci juicer, which I love by the way, and will use these oranges. They do pick them the day they ship so they probably will soften up and get sweeter in a few days. I will be happy to have fresh fruit either way.

Super Contributor

I've never had good luck with these honeybells. I've received them twice for gifts and once as an order.  One time they were horribly sour, another time half were rotten and oozing when I received them.

Honestly, I'd rather spend a fraction of the price and get some good naval oranges locally.

Super Contributor

I have to blame the bees because mine are full of seeds. 

Valued Contributor

Our local fruit market has them for $1.69 per pound right now.  They are as sweet as can be!